2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't get this shout re it's not pretty.

Its effective and we are creating a decent amount of opportunities.

Its absolute years ahead of what we had under previous managers.

People will tell you they want to play possession based football through the lines, playing out from the back. People will also tell you they want Lampard and Martinez sacked. In short dont listen to people.

We arent playing bad stuff, for the quality of players we have.

Honestly, and yes I’m 34 so I missed out on the glory years, but the way Dyche has us playing feels like the best kind of Everton football. Even under Martinez the best stuff we played was when we went direct and utilised the wings with Coleman and Baines especially.

People will tell you they want to play possession based football through the lines, playing out from the back. People will also tell you they want Lampard and Martinez sacked. In short dont listen to people.

We arent playing bad stuff, for the quality of players we have.

Honestly, and yes I’m 34 so I missed out on the glory years, but the way Dyche has us playing feels like the best kind of Everton football. Even under Martinez the best stuff we played was when we went direct and utilised the wings with Coleman and Baines especially.

I feel like we're agreeing here lads.

I'm not quite sure what some are expecting re football style but it's absolutely miles ahead of what we've recently been served and clearly becoming more effective.

I feel like we're agreeing here lads.

I'm not quite sure what some are expecting re football style but it's absolutely miles ahead of what we've recently been served and clearly becoming more effective.
I’m definitely agreeing mate, if we had better players I would be loving watching Everton play this way right now and we’d have probably scored three or four today and probably against Forest too.

It's better than we have had under the past two managers because we are no longer playing at walking pace and are putting in a bit of effort, but, pretty it is not.

It doesn't bother me as it goes, for my money the best kind of football is winning football and Dyche is coming closer to delivering that than his two predecessors have.

I dont think we're anything special.
But I'm not wrong am I.
All our metrics must be improving and what I see on the pitch is light years ahead of what we had under Lampard and Benitez.

We actually have what appears to be plans in place both offensively and defensively.

I appreciate its ifs, but and maybes but I bet most clubs from Palace down wish they had Dyche in charge.
I'd honestly be amazed if any squad in the bottom third wanted to swap for ours. Yes Dyche is doing well so far, but 7 games is such a small sample size. And everyone else has games in hand. Lets see where we stand when it levels out. "Improving metrics" is hardly difficult when the last two blokes were firmly amongst the worst in ~150 years history.

They’re not ideal but Chelsea, Spurs and United have been pretty erratic, especially Chelsea… I could see us even pinching a win next week if we can perform like our last two first halves over 90 minutes
I don't rate our players, but there's no reason to be intimidated by those three sides: all three are crazily erratic. If Everton are to dig themselves out of this hole, they'll be needing points from these games. Bournemouth beat Liverpool today. Forest drew with City. We won't be writing these games off against sides who, collectively, are on the verge of sacking their managers and are recovering from a 7-0 shellacking that even our worst sides haven't endured at Anfield.

Lampard had two wins out of his first 9 Premier League fixtures.
Correct.
But he had 44% win percentage in his first 9 games.
And he had 36% win percentage in his first 14 Premier League games.

All I am saying is win percentages do not particularly matter when looking at such a small sample size.

I'd honestly be amazed if any squad in the bottom third wanted to swap for ours. Yes Dyche is doing well so far, but 7 games is such a small sample size. And everyone else has games in hand. Lets see where we stand when it levels out. "Improving metrics" is hardly difficult when the last two blokes were firmly amongst the worst in ~150 years history.

Well do we just sit here and wait for Dyche to complete 30 games or so and then be allowed to make an opinion?

You can't underplayed the metrics improving yet on the other hand say our squad is the worst in the league.

Dyche is obviously having a positive impact on them.

Correct.
But he had 44% win percentage in his first 9 games.
And he had 36% win percentage in his first 14 Premier League games.

All I am saying is win percentages do not particularly matter when looking at such a small sample size.

Win percentages don't really matter in reality tho do they.
Its about trophies.
Give me one guy with 20 percent win rate and a trophy then someone with a fifty percent win rate and no trophy.

We were good first half, most dangerous we've looked in ages.

We were disjointed and didn't keep the ball well enough second half, but the positioning was still there.

Win percentages don't really matter in reality tho do they.
Its about trophies.
Give me one guy with 20 percent win rate and a trophy then someone with a fifty percent win rate and no trophy.
Mental, and unlikely to happen with a 20% win rate anyway... At least, not without the added bonus of the relegation trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.