2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said Macca.

On Deadline night Sky presenters actually laughed at us for no signings.

Next morning Sky Presenters again laughed at us. Literally laughed at us.

If being laughed at can’t motivate a team to get the F in then we are busted. Shove it right up their holes.

Amen to that Armaghtoffee. They can laugh at the board all they want because they're the failures. Not the fans, not the new manager. The players need to knuckle down, get us out of this crap and come the end of the season, if they can't cope with expectations of playing for Everton then they need to leave.

I want to see players giving it absolutely everything they've got tomorrow, do that and it gives the manager half a chance, do that and it gives the fans something to believe in.

Multi lol

Teams like Brentford and Brighton are no bigger than Burnley. What he did was fine, but people really should stop acting like his style of play was necessary. It was always a choice.
We have to stop always using Brighton/Brentford as teams we compare everything with.
There approach is fantastic, and a lot of teams would love to be in that position.
But what you have to remember is both those clubs had a long time to gradually implement there systems in the lower leagues.
Both with local owners who supported there clubs and understand football.
Brentford even dissolved there academy to concentrate solely on the first team squad.
They both structured plans where they were able to go backwards before forwards if it happened.

It is near on impossible to change to that approach in the premiership without accepting relegation and restarting your whole infrastructure again ( and pray you don't go into administration while your down there cos of loss in revenue and outgoing costs still from the loss of premiership status )

It is a very gradual process to implement and time is not on our side...

Amen to that Armaghtoffee. They can laugh at the board all they want because they're the failures. Not the fans, not the new manager. The players need to knuckle down, get us out of this crap and come the end of the season, if they can't cope with expectations of playing for Everton then they need to leave.

I want to see players giving it absolutely everything they've got tomorrow, do that and it gives the manager half a chance, do that and it gives the fans something to believe in.
If Sean calculates the payoff to Frank and his staff he will realise how hard BK tried to spend some of the Gordon money...stashed with the Arteta fee to pay creditors.

Who's there other than Simms?

It was madness to allow Cannon to go out.

It's like the club tried their very best to lay the foundations for relegation by weakening the squad in january rather than strengthening it.
It’s inexplicable how we didn’t recall Cannon and Dobbin on deadline day once it was apparent nobody was coming.

This was a really inexpensive decision and one entirely within our gift.

He's gonna set up hard to beat stop the gaps fat Sam methods imo and go from there,one or two chances a game score one job done won't be pretty but this is what is going to happen all season we have to get on board imo

If the Ginger Mourinho saves this lot from relegation he will rightly be haiiled as a genius.
If we go down it won't be his fault and will be regarded as par for the course.
My opinion? We are as good as down.
If there is a clear out and change of direction in the Championship I'd prefer a Company to a Dyche.
We need at the very very least 10-12pts from the next 6 games. Can anyone really see that happening !!
If by some miraculous way we manage survival, unless this club is completely gutted from the inside/out then we will still be having these same conversations this time next year.

Where's a local billionaire Everton fan when you need one !!!

Been watching Dyche interviews on utube. Listen to this man speak. I think the team will be on the up. Love what he's done with the team so far. Can't wait for tomorrow's match.

We have to stop always using Brighton/Brentford as teams we compare everything with.
There approach is fantastic, and a lot of teams would love to be in that position.
But what you have to remember is both those clubs had a long time to gradually implement there systems in the lower leagues.
Both with local owners who supported there clubs and understand football.
Brentford even dissolved there academy to concentrate solely on the first team squad.
They both structured plans where they were able to go backwards before forwards if it happened.

It is near on impossible to change to that approach in the premiership without accepting relegation and restarting your whole infrastructure again ( and pray you don't go into administration while your down there cos of loss in revenue and outgoing costs still from the loss of premiership status )

It is a very gradual process to implement and time is not on our side...
Palace have begun to do the same system level changes at this level without going down. It's possible.

Just this moment watched a clip from an older interview with Dyche where he references that he and Tim Cahill are quite close.

Sort of makes sense

Cahill was involved in giving his opinion to Moshiri again from what I've read, so I'd expect he weighed in on Dyche's behalf.

I'm not holding that against Cahill - Dyche wouldn't have been anywhere near my first choice because I have major medium to long term doubts on him, but I accept he looked the best realistic bet we have in the short term

I’d like to see Brighton and Brentford actually qualify for Europe before wanking them off. If they can’t they’re not better than Dyche’s Burnley.
What year do we acknowledge it was a fluke? Like we moved past Big Sam getting Bolton to Europe by 2017 so is 2028 what we're looking at? Maybe we should have gotten Steve McClaren in.

Michael Laudrup got Swansea to Europe so sadly they're better than what Brighton have done.

Palace have begun to do the same system level changes at this level without going down. It's possible.
Palace have brought in some good youngsters, but is there average age any better then ours. We've brought in Onana, Garner and Paterson in that same time.
we also brought simms back and had Gordon till the wkend. is that really much different then palace.
And they also havn't had 8 managers in 7yrs Plus the different DOF's

Well spending money on new players and getting an ambitious manager did not suit us.

How about spending f all and getting a manager who understand how to get a bottom half team into europe occasionally works. It's a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.