2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
We would. And this is my issue. Lampard also managed a similar return over 18 games in his first half season. And we were saying this about him as well about how he deserved another season. Lampard got 20 points in 18 compared to dyches 21.

Which is why I’m reluctant to jump on the bandwagon at this point.
But the points alone don’t tell the full story. Lampard had Richarlison and Gordon in his teams. Dyche had Maupay.

We would. And this is my issue. Lampard also managed a similar return over 18 games in his first half season. And we were saying this about him as well about how he deserved another season. Lampard got 20 points in 18 compared to dyches 21.

Which is why I’m reluctant to jump on the bandwagon at this point.
Mate the difference between Lampard & Dyche though is night and day. You can't tell me that Lampard compares to Dyche and his experience with squads of our particular makeup?

I was in agreement until you included Gordon. Lampard had Gordon, Dyche had McNeil. I know which I’d prefer.

Dyche also had Tarkowski, gana, Onana.

The argument goes both ways.
Fair point. I was only pointing out that context is everything. You can’t just compare stats, the players available make a difference. And the fact that Lampard is a really crap manager 😁

Make no mistake this season we should have been relegated without dyche we would be so please no oh but lampard this or im unsure about dyche nonsense. Our squad is crap and not only crap but very poorly balanced having to play players out of position, no adequate striker for the majority of the season yet we are still in the premier league.

Lampard had all these players and lost at home to the worst teams in the leag
Oh I agree, he was shocking this season.

But my whole point is that after his first 18 games (which he had a tough run as did Dyche this season), he had achieved remarkably close to Dyche and lots (myself included) were saying we should keep him and based off his record, would be looking at finishing around 12-14th.

Based off that, and what subsequently happened is why I’m not jumping on the bandwagon that Dyche is going to take us to new heights. Not saying we should sack him, I’m just not fully convinced we won’t be back to scrapping the last few games again next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.