Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is usually the one covering a break as he isn't the tallest but has pace and can tackle.

Stoke should be a touch embarrassed that he was the one who won the header but delighted for him!

I was just about to post similar LL. He's always been the one on the half way line and though I can't be sure as I only seen it once but I am about 75% positive that Lennon was the one who was back on the half way line defending

If that's the case, that's the first time that Coleman has had a chance to get in the box at a corner from what I can ever remember. It may be a subtle change but it's an excellent one as Lennon with his pace can cover both sides on a counter, whilst Coleman is naturally more aggressive when attacking the ball in the air.

He's literally never in the box for corners is he? Either its a coincidence that he's chosen now to go all Patrice Evra on us or he wanted to give himself the best chance to score for his daughter. Either way he should do it more!
I was thinking that. I wonder if it's because usually Baines is taking the corner and both CBs go up for it. He attacked the ball perfectly for a right back though, brilliant header too!

Maybe with Bryan at LB the pacey defensive counter attack cover allows him to go up?

I was thinking that. I wonder if it's because usually Baines is taking the corner and both CBs go up for it. He attacked the ball perfectly for a right back though, brilliant header too!

Maybe with Bryan at LB the pacey defensive counter attack cover allows him to go up?

He mentioned in his interview that since the Swansea game he's been instructed to go up for set-pieces.

Smart move I think, as he gets the space in the area due to being a full-back. I know it sounds stupid but defenders will concentrate on marking the usual suspects, and Coleman is good enough in the air to get a leap on a marker and has the pace to get to the ball first - as he usually does when defending at the other end!

Best right back in the league. Great player and great attitude.
Ya agreed mate.love seamie and he has learned so much since coming to everton.he has a fantastic attitude and looks like a man who is always learning and eager to learn and appreciates the privilged position he is in:)

Saw an interview with Jagielka yesterday. Interesting part was when he was asked as to whom he feels will be most qualified to be next club captain. He did not mince his words on the matter. It was actually surprising that in his head, there is no competition.

He said that Seamus is the most vocal, gets on with guys really well and is a model professional who can lead by example.

Surprised by the lack of mention of Baines and McCarthy.

Saw an interview with Jagielka yesterday. Interesting part was when he was asked as to whom he feels will be most qualified to be next club captain. He did not mince his words on the matter. It was actually surprising that in his head, there is no competition.

He said that Seamus is the most vocal, gets on with guys really well and is a model professional who can lead by example.

Surprised by the lack of mention of Baines and McCarthy.
Jags and Baines are best mates at the club, am sure if he omitted him then it is because he knows that Baines isn't particularly interested in having the role.

McCarthy a bit more interesting absentee although some of it might be a tenure thing.

I think Coleman will likely stay here for the rest of his career, if he's interested in becoming captain then he should probably be first in line. Well spoken, committed, values playing for us and is a top player.

Is there something strange in our style of play when our right back had at least five chances on goal? Seamus is great but no natural finisher. We need our slotters to be getting those chances.

Needs to practice his crossing but that wa the most advanced I've seen him in ages, was like a striker at times, good game

Status
Not open for further replies.