Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no fan of 3 at the back but for this weekend I think it'd be fine.

Might be worth resting Stones or Mori if possible though.

Like myself to see a back four of Kenny, Jags, Mori and Galloway, Holgate coming on if we have the game to bed second half for Mori

I'm no fan of 3 at the back but for this weekend I think it'd be fine.

Might be worth resting Stones or Mori if possible though.

.....I wonder if he might do this in the 2nd leg as a one-off. It would be a major gamble but he did something similar for Wigan in the cup game against us, re-introducing Alcaraz (I think) after a lengthy spell out.

Wouldn't suprise me if he's available for the 2nd leg, Martinez said in his presser that Seamus has pulled up better than expected. So that's 20 days away, so who knows but 20 days can heal a lot concerning soft tissue; especially that its a strain and not a pull. So personally I wouldn't be changing our formation or hurridly investing in a cover; he'll hopefully (and somewhat probably) only miss 3 league games

This year i've been deeply unimpressed with Coleman's passing and defensive displays this season, and his forward runs have become predictable that they are regularly snuffed out with ease. I'm not sure if this is because he has no competition at right back but he always seems at fault. To tighten up defence, I think we need a high quality signing in this area - if nothing else to push Coleman to a higher standard.

This year i've been deeply unimpressed with Coleman's passing and defensive displays this season, and his forward runs have become predictable that they are regularly snuffed out with ease.

I fully agree. Maybe I'm just comparing his performance from 2 years ago, but he has been pretty dismal coming forward and has never been a top notch defender. I wonder if a change at the position might help shore up some of our defensive problems, especially if he is not offering much in the final third of the pitch. His crossing this season has been diabolically bad. I would prefer if he just smashed the ball low into the box instead.

This year i've been deeply unimpressed with Coleman's passing and defensive displays this season, and his forward runs have become predictable that they are regularly snuffed out with ease. I'm not sure if this is because he has no competition at right back but he always seems at fault. To tighten up defence, I think we need a high quality signing in this area - if nothing else to push Coleman to a higher standard.

I fully agree. Maybe I'm just comparing his performance from 2 years ago, but he has been pretty dismal coming forward and has never been a top notch defender. I wonder if a change at the position might help shore up some of our defensive problems, especially if he is not offering much in the final third of the pitch. His crossing this season has been diabolically bad. I would prefer if he just smashed the ball low into the box instead.

KBNcZ.gif

He's got married and is about to be a dad.

Don't care how much money he's got, that affects a man and may explain what some of you are perceiving to be a dip.

Personally I think he's been good.
Only sports person in living memory to improve after marriage and a kid is Djokovic. Which is for an entirely different debate altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.