Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did absolutely nothing wrong today and played a big part in one if the goals. Don't understand why there's been a bit of a turn against the lad from some Blues...he's top quality and is just missing a decent right-sided player in front of him.
Don't think there was a big turn against him he was just crap for the majority of last season.

Great performance from him today though.

Will be happiest as and when we wrap Lennon up. We have been spoiled in recent years having Baines and Coleman easily our best fullback pairing of the prem era. Signed him for a song as well.

my problem with Seamus is yes defensively he was sound in both games so far this season but as i've said before i just came out of jail. being away caused me to miss last season other than the odd Europa league highlight.... i really wanna know whats happened

he's lost a tonne of pace and he's just not committing into attack any more

numerous times vs Southampton he had possession along the wing and i expected him to run at the last defender and feed crosses in etc like he used to he's just not appearing to be the same player he was two years ago.... is it a confidence thing or did he have an injury i missed?

Was one of the only players who really tried to spur some life into the team in attack, looked really confident dribbling at defenders on the right side.

One worry is he was caught way up the pitch for their first goal. I think he's been given more license to venture forward since Baines is out, and when Baines is caught up usually Barry drops back along with the left winger and Jags to cover the left side.

When Coleman was caught up the pitch, Cleverly didn't track Kolarov's run. Now that Coleman looks to be the the focal point of our attack instead of Baines, we need to make sure the rest of the team is drilled to deal with it defensively for those few times where he's not able to get back.

Successful on only 4 of 13 (31%) tackle attempts this season. Was over 60% the past two seasons.

Successful take-ons are down to 50% from 60% two years ago. Completed 54% last year.

He's 26 and going backwards in a hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.