2022/23 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.

The manager picked a team that struggled against ARMENIA.
He left his captain and most experienced player on the bench while doing so.
It doesn't sound like good management to me.
Ireland didnt struggle, they had 2 min brain fart where they conceded 2 goals. Other than that they dominated the game and got awarded a stonewall penalty to win it.

I take it you dont rate Kenny.

No, It's precisely because he has played for years now...in ever-diminishing decline.

Patterson out and Coleman back will cost us points. He's too old and past it to be anything other than a targeted liability in the coming weeks. Frank could find himself back in trouble in time for November if this goes as south as I suspect it might...
He’s going to get torn apart , I suspect he will get 2 games and if it goes like most think then frank will look to someone else to fill in

He was tragic last season....however he did come in right at the end of the season and played his part in some of the crucial wins v Man. United and Chelsea with clean sheets and Leicester aswell so it's not like it's an automatic loss whenever he starts despite his decline.

Just need to tell Gordon to get back a bit more to help him out as soon as ball is lost. Think a midfield with actual legs will help aswell as Gana or Onana will be told I'm sure to quickly shift across to double up on whoever Southampton's LW is.

He will be OK in this new look team. It will be nice for him to play in a side which has midfielders.
Think the issue here is (besides playing him with a barely a sniff of game in a long time) whether you bring in Vinagre on left to balance, otherwise its a pretty much a flat 4.
Maybe Vinagre, Maupay at 10 and DCL at 9 and Gana and Onana as CMs.
Not that I think flat4 231 is the way to go, but could work there to start

Think the issue here is (besides playing him with a barely a sniff of game in a long time) whether you bring in Vinagre on left to balance, otherwise its a pretty much a flat 4.
Maybe Vinagre, Maupay at 10 and Dominic Calvert-Lewin at 9 and Gana and Onana as CMs.
Not that I think flat4 231 is the way to go, but could work there to start
Why would you drop our best player this season?

Now we need him, it was good he got a few minutes last night. He hasn’t played since our new look back line and Gueye back Im confident he will be ok, in the run on last season he was one of our best players.
Be fine. His lack of pace was exposed last season as he had little stopping the attacks in midfield. No longer our first choice but an able short-term deputy.

Status
Not open for further replies.