2022/23 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seamus was vulnerable when the opposition could double up on him on his side, but that was we had no blockers in midfield. With Gana and Onana in with Iwobi in front of him with Garner playing behind DCL and Gordon we’ll be fine.

He was tragic last season....however he did come in right at the end of the season and played his part in some of the crucial wins v Man. United and Chelsea with clean sheets and Leicester aswell so it's not like it's an automatic loss whenever he starts despite his decline.

Just need to tell Gordon to get back a bit more to help him out as soon as ball is lost. Think a midfield with actual legs will help aswell as Gana or Onana will be told I'm sure to quickly shift across to double up on whoever Southampton's LW is.

tbf he cost us a goal against Leicester away when him and Mina tried to headbutt each other instead of some basic communication.

Not ideal Patterson being injured but defensively we should be a lot stronger than when he was used last season.

I think Gana being back will help, he is an intelligent enough player to know that Coleman will require cover. My guess is that Onana will play a more left sided role to cover that side of the pitch, whilst Gueye sits and covers Coleman. Hopefully, that means he won't get isolated like he did on several occassions last season, where it cost us goals.

Ireland didnt struggle, they had 2 min brain fart where they conceded 2 goals. Other than that they dominated the game and got awarded a stonewall penalty to win it.

I take it you dont rate Kenny.
He seems like a very decent man but is out of his depth in international football.

I certainly would accept that the standard of player available to him is poor but that makes the decision to leave Coleman out all the harder to understand.

We don't have a big pool of talent, we can't afford to leave our best and most experienced players on the bench.

Gauging our place in football by a late winner against Armenia is not encouraging.

The team has been hugely restructured since last season, we now have a functioning midfield as well as a new central defence.
I think Seamus will slot comfortably into the side and do well.

I see people talking about his age, but then they should also talk about Gana in that conversation as they are of a similar age.

Seamus won't be able to play every game in a busy season, nor will Gana , if you want a high level of performance but both can contribute hugely to our season.

The team has been hugely restructured since last season, we now have a functioning midfield as well as a new central defence.
I think Seamus will slot comfortably into the side and do well.

I see people talking about his age, but then they should also talk about Gana in that conversation as they are of a similar age.

Seamus won't be able to play every game in a busy season, nor will Gana , if you want a high level of performance but both can contribute hugely to our season.
Coleman is no longer the athlete he once was a great servant for the club but if he ventures past the half way line then we’re gubbed, his recover pace looks like he has bags of cement in his boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.