2022/23 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
tbf, doesnt have Coady marshaling there, nor Gana sweeping up. I dont give a small pocket of waste re englands international prospects, so scotlands can go straight in the bin as well. Hope cole (a) has the video though, more lessons learned.
He's young enough to learn and with the level of coaching he'll get he has the tools to become a top RB/WB ? this injury isn't too serious.

Point taken; just think we will be ok through the run of games that Patterson will be missing because the defence and midfield is much more resilient than last season.

He knows that as soon as Patterson is back, he will be moved to the bench, but he will give his all in the games he plays.
I fear like previously we will be overran on colemans side as teams target him with success.

This caused us to heavily over compensate and effected the whole game plan and approach. We are struggling for goals massively as we are, never mind moving two players over to the right to help Coleman/ moving to the 5 defenders system which didn't seem cohesive.

Hopefully the injury isn't too bad as long term this simply isn't an option.

Why? There's every chance Coleman will struggle, and Lampard goes back to that system often enough.

He’ll struggle even more at wing back, because he can’t run up and down, and he’ll struggle even more at centre back, because he’s weak and can’t jump? I’d say it makes a lot more sense to make his job as simple as possible for him, stand at right back and stop crosses/make tackles, if the ball comes to you get rid of it.

He’ll struggle even more at wing back, because he can’t run up and down, and he’ll struggle even more at centre back, because he’s weak and can’t jump? I’d say it makes a lot more sense to make his job as simple as possible for him, stand at right back and stop crosses/make tackles, if the ball comes to you get rid of it.

….thought he managed Zaha really well in that critical game last season. Let’s not forget, Zaha fouled Coleman in our top third giving us the free kick that DCL scored from.

i have no issues with Coleman coming in. He hasn’t got the athleticism of Patterson but he’ll compensate that with his positioning. He might actually give us a bit more going forward, I’m sure we haven’t seen the best of Patterson in that respect.

I'd much rather Gana or Iwobi be given instructions to sit more on Coleman's instead of switching formations, but I just have a bad feeling that we haven't seen the back of the continental 5-3-2.

More chance of it happening if Mykolenko is injured, as Vinagre isn't much of a defender.

Coleman is the best right back we have had since Gary Stevens, give the guy some credit he is not the player he was but he can still do a job. Patterson has everything to be the best right back I've seen in my 65yrs of watching Everton but please stop slagging off Coleman, he gives 100pc every time he steps on the pitch . Give the man the respect he deserves and is due.

Coleman is the best right back we have had since Gary Stevens, give the guy some credit he is not the player he was but he can still do a job. Patterson has everything to be the best right back I've seen in my 65yrs of watching Everton but please stop slagging off Coleman, he gives 100pc every time he steps on the pitch . Give the man the respect he deserves and is due.
This is a habit on this forum. Tim Howard was a pretty good goalie during his prime, but when he should have been replaced wasn't so didn't perform at the end and now thr revisionists pretend he was poor his entire career. Jaguelka the same think. I can easily go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.