2022/23 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel more comfortable that he'll have gana and Onana Infront of him,.he's not the worst backup RB in the league is he.

Mad to say after only half a dozen games but he's got MASSIVE boots to follow after who good Patterson has done

He's a liability a lot of the time now, but does seem to have the odd game where he rolls back the years.

Unfortunately, I think this will end seeing us revert to 3/5 at the back.

I don’t understand why everyone is saying this. What’s the logic behind it? Who plays right wing back?
One of Coleman, Mills or Iwobi.

I'd like to think that Coleman could handle being in a back-four against weaker opposition, though.

One of Coleman, Mills or Iwobi.

I'd like to think that Coleman could handle being in a back-four against weaker opposition, though.

Don’t understand why we’d play Coleman as a wing back, or force Iwobi out of position rather than just play Coleman as a defensive right back in a back 4. Absolutely no chance Mills starts a game for us this season.

Is it strange? He has proven he’s a million miles off Premier League level at this stage of his career.
Exactly, its shown in the past few seasons that when he plays on the right hand side opposing teams tend to target him/that side as they know he doesn't have the legs anymore.

Dreading coleman coming back in
I see the twitchy pessimists are out in force.

Same people who were having aneurisms about us not signing another Forward. They just come out of the woodwork as soon as Frank has to face a "challenge" in his starting line-up...

Coleman will come in and he will do just fine. He will have Coady and Tarkowski next to him, Gana in the midfield and he will surprise all the Twitchy's with his good performances.

As you were!

Don’t understand why we’d play Coleman as a wing back, or force Iwobi out of position rather than just play Coleman as a defensive right back in a back 4. Absolutely no chance Mills starts a game for us this season.
Agreed, he will be asked to do what we kept him in the squad for, play as a traditional RB so those playing well in their current positioned can continue to do so. The CB pairing remains the same and our Club Captain has more than enough experience to play that role with what is now a well balanced team in front and beside him. Don't panic he can handle that role without throwing him into a RWB role and changing what has worked around him.

I see the twitchy pessimists are out in force.

Same people who were having aneurisms about us not signing another Forward. They just come out of the woodwork as soon as Frank has to face a "challenge" in his starting line-up...

Coleman will come in and he will do just fine. He will have Coady and Tarkowski next to him, Gana in the midfield and he will surprise all the Twitchy's with his good performances.

As you were!
I haven't come or gone anywhere young Sir ! Coleman was a major part of arguably the worse defence in a very long time.

Being sentimental will not make him 5 years younger or the standard we need. He cost us points and we stayed up with 1 game in lieu. The thought of his weekly rally cries makes me nauseous.

In terms of striking yes I do think we need more creativity and quality. Sounds like the club agree , with the recent article about the winter window too.

Huge fan of gana rallied on here in his favour all summer.

If that's twitchy then yes I'm certainly twitching away.

.... as you are ;)

I'm not saying it's a good idea. It's just what I think will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.