2020/21 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
....he kept Sterling relatively quiet, was competitive, combative and got in the opposition box to play a key part in out goal. Still has plenty to offer does Coleman.
I can see the ‘but Sterling had an off day’ people on the horizon mate... some people can’t give any players they deem not good enough for the club any credit.

I think it’s a society problem rather than an EFC issue - the world is becoming a series of binomials.

I actually think he played well last night.

I can see the ‘but Sterling had an off day’ people on the horizon mate... some people can’t give any players they deem not good enough for the club any credit.

I think it’s a society problem rather than an EFC issue - the world is becoming a series of binomials.

He played well and likewise against Spurs when he came on, which shows that on his day he can still provide something - an option as part of the squad.

I think the wider concern is Coleman's inconsistency: for me, he regularly swings from playing well to awful with sadly little in between.

A good game last night, which was brilliant to see, so hopefully he can take that forward for the next few appearances as he does offer more of an outlet.

I think it’s ok to say someone played well, who long term isn’t good enough. We’ve got about 10 of them in the squad. The ones who have 1 good game in 10.

I don’t mind him as squad player next season, coming off the bench for the last 10mins to help us see a game out. But he’s not good enough to start next season for a team that wants to kick on, technically he’s a poor player.

What summed him up tonight, was robbing foden on the edge of our box, he strolls forward 10yards looks up 3 times. Tries to find Richarlison and plays the pass 30yards to his right.

I think it’s ok to say someone played well, who long term isn’t good enough. We’ve got about 10 of them in the squad. The ones who have 1 good game in 10.

I don’t mind him as squad player next season, coming off the bench for the last 10mins to help us see a game out. But he’s not good enough to start next season for a team that wants to kick on, technically he’s a poor player.

What summed him up tonight, was robbing foden on the edge of our box, he strolls forward 10yards looks up 3 times. Tries to find Richarlison and plays the pass 30yards to his right.

Exactly my opinion of the whole squad.

Well put mate.

I completely agree.

I think he’s still got enough for this level, my issue is he takes 3 games to get up to speed after an injury, has about 2 or 3 good games, gets injured - out for a couple of weeks.

rinse and repeat

I can't believe he's only 32, he plays like someone coming to their twilight years. Might be good enough for a bottom half team, but not for a team wanting to compete with the top 6.

He's been a great signing but he needs to be moved on at the next available opportunity.

....I don’t think anybody would disagree that we need a new RB, but as far as I’m concerned Coleman still offers more than Holgate and will be a decent back-up when the new bloke comes in.

....I don’t think anybody would disagree that we need a new RB, but as far as I’m concerned Coleman still offers more than Holgate and will be a decent back-up when the new bloke comes in.

I think this would have been the case 2 seasons ago, but his decline has been a constant for a while now.

Don’t get me wrong, I have a strong affinity to Coleman and I think he’ll go down as a great player for us. I just think the longer he is with us, the less people will remember how good he actually was. He’s the last piece of the Moyes “knife to a gun fight” legacy and his constant rallying cries after a poor performance are tiresome.

I think it’s best for both parties if he can leave.

I think this would have been the case 2 seasons ago, but his decline has been a constant for a while now.

Don’t get me wrong, I have a strong affinity to Coleman and I think he’ll go down as a great player for us. I just think the longer he is with us, the less people will remember how good he actually was. He’s the last piece of the Moyes “knife to a gun fight” legacy and his constant rallying cries after a poor performance are tiresome.

I think it’s best for both parties if he can leave.

.....not sure what his contract situation is, I suppose there is cover with the likes of Godfrey being so versatile. I wouldn’t be surprised if Ancelotti wants him around the place for another season, he’s club captain & i imagine he’s a really good influence around the squad as well as being a decent back-up.

.....not sure what his contract situation is, I suppose there is cover with the likes of Godfrey being so versatile. I wouldn’t be surprised if Ancelotti wants him around the place for another season, he’s club captain & i imagine he’s a really good influence around the squad as well as being a decent back-up.

I agree with the captain thing as he seems like a nice fella and I can imagine the other lads like him, but he’s only 32 and could be with us for potentially another 4 seasons or so. I’d dread to think how ineffective he would be by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.