2020/21 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
....hopefully the days of long contracts for older players have gone.

You’d like to think so.

I just don’t want Seamus being remembered in the same vein the likes of Howard and Jags were, in that they undone all the good they did when they were decent due to us holding on to them for too long.

I’d prefer a Baines style departure, where he could still do a job for us; I personally think that time has passed with Coleman, but if he leaves sooner rather than later his reputation could be saved.

Before the leg break, he was one of the better right-backs in the league for me, but as others have said, he's looked older than his years for a long time now.

Not really sure that I'd keep him around for his experience, either.

'Gather around, lads, and hear all about how I needlessly gave away a free kick in a semi-final against Liverpool...'

Before the leg break, he was one of the better right-backs in the league for me, but as others have said, he's looked older than his years for a long time now.

Not really sure that I'd keep him around for his experience, either.

'Gather around, lads, and hear all about how I needlessly gave away a free kick in a semi-final against Liverpool...'
Christ, you're not one for holding a grudge then.

1613850533932.png

Certainly no lack of effort tonight and said his hob was to literally man mark Robertson which sounds quite strange tbh but it was a tactic that worked well. They certainly gave AA on the other side more room so we obviously thought Robertson was a bigger threat.

A huge weight lifted from his shoulders tonight to finally win at that crap hole after all these years.

Well done Seamus.

Status
Not open for further replies.