2019/20 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think our right backs next year are Coleman and Kenny. I don't think Sidibe is stron g enough defensively and while 12 million isnt a crazy amount id rather that money be spent elsewhere. Coleman can still do a job defensively against the right match up and Kenny does provide good service.

Go back to sleep...you arent well.

Ring the bell so the nurse changes your bedpan...

Oh and Coleman cant pass :p
At least you haven't persisted with referring to him as Collyman.

Done OK today Seamus especially given the lad who came on to play in front of him looked like he'd been on the lash all night and forgot to put his socks on.

Seemed like a throwback to when he was a good player today. Had the old Coleman trick of his pace increasing the longer he runs to get back at attackers who have gone past him or to hip in front of defenders who try to tackle him. He even started putting in some real crosses rather than his aimless floaters. Carlo really will be a genius if he’s managed to teach Coleman to cross a ball.

Why has he come out and said we are chasing the last European spots fingers crossed look how crap we were earlier in the season. Its loserville as always we are not a newly promoted side. We should be planning and aiming for a lot better. Hopefully Ancelotti puts that mentality to bed.

Why has he come out and said we are chasing the last European spots fingers crossed look how crap we were earlier in the season. Its loserville as always we are not a newly promoted side. We should be planning and aiming for a lot better. Hopefully Ancelotti puts that mentality to bed.

What mentality Phil?

"We're trying to catch those European places. A few months ago, we probably didn't think that was possible," he told evertontv.

"But we're playing well now and just looking forward to every game.

"We've got to push for Europe. I think this club needs European football and we all want that.

"Where this football club wants to get in the next three, four, five years, it has to be wanting European football every year and if we can get it this year."

I mean nothing wrong with that unless you think he should be saying we can catch Liverpool at the top.

The fragile , hope for the best thoughts we start every season with.

Its going to take time to heal the wounds of the past.

But Carlo is here now, so we now have a man able to make us dream.

Its the hope that kills us all in the end tho.

But Liverpool kept dreaming, City back when they were rocking about in the 3rd tier, im sure they never stopped dreaming, never let them take your dreams Phil

Its going to take time to heal the wounds of the past.

But Carlo is here now, so we now have a man able to make us dream.

Its the hope that kills us all in the end tho.

But Liverpool kept dreaming, City back when they were rocking about in the 3rd tier, im sure they never stopped dreaming, never let them take your dreams Phil
Exactly that's just what I said I agree. The false Hope's even been receding the last few years but Ancelotti should bring the real stuff back home.

My dreams are intact once again

Apart from getting turned inside out once by Zaha he was as solid as a rock on Saturday.

Good call to bring him back in for this particular game, probably becisse he csn be a bit more disciplined than Sidibe

Seemed like a throwback to when he was a good player today. Had the old Coleman trick of his pace increasing the longer he runs to get back at attackers who have gone past him or to hip in front of defenders who try to tackle him. He even started putting in some real crosses rather than his aimless floaters. Carlo really will be a genius if he’s managed to teach Coleman to cross a ball.

I don't think he will ever learn to put in the typical cross. What has worked for him in the past is beating the wing back and doing the low cutback cross to the 6 or top of the box for the trailing midfielder. That is more his game. Although I think next year the team would be fine if he was in the Baines role and playing during injury, holiday congested period and cup matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.