2019/20 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can see it being Coleman vs Kenny in pre season.

Has the time finally come for Coleman to move on, if so what fee would he generate....£5-8mil due to long service?

This really
Not so sure to be fair: Sidibe I agree with, however more often than not Coleman looks below the requirement that we need, especially in the offensive role.

If we're playing a defensive game, I think Coleman still has something to offer because his positioning is better, but his lack of pace and ability to cross are blatant.

He's been a very reliable servant for the club and in his day was a very good full back, yet I personally feel that he's been in quite a steady decline for years now.

Whether Sidibe or JJK should be the first choice right back are completely different questions; I do know that I'd prefer either of them to be in for the running for it.

Not so sure to be fair: Sidibe I agree with, however more often than not Coleman looks below the requirement that we need, especially in the offensive role.

If we're playing a defensive game, I think Coleman still has something to offer because his positioning is better, but his lack of pace and ability to cross are blatant.

He's been a very reliable servant for the club and in his day was a very good full back, yet I personally feel that he's been in quite a steady decline for years now.

Whether Sidibe or JJK should be the first choice right back are completely different questions; I do know that I'd prefer either of them to be in for the running for it.

All about opinions eh.

One thing I cant believe is how some of the fan base have turned on Coleman, not you Phil but people calling him a sh*t house, fraud etc. WTF?! If you think hes not playing that well fine but the guy is Everton through and through.

Ancelotti seems to like Coleman at RCB in the games weve played 3 at the back and he played well there too.

I love him me and would like to see us extend his career as long as we want him.

Same as Baines i think reduce his role but know if he came in hell do his best and be good round the club.

We should be looking for better than Sidebe also

All about opinions eh.

One thing I cant believe is how some of the fan base have turned on Coleman, not you Phil but people calling him a sh*t house, fraud etc. WTF?! If you think hes not playing that well fine but the guy is Everton through and through.
Indeed it is and there'll always be different opinions for a multitude of reasons, but in reality the only opinion's that really matter will be Carlo, his staff and Brands.

Everything else is merely speculation and conjecture. With regards to our fan base, I've said it lots of times Mick that too many of our fans solely have polar views.

Players are either great or rubbish and often there is no in-between, where actually players aren't bad but they're not world beaters. It's all knee-jerk reactions!

Our youth players receive the worst treatment because expectations are so high and then they're ridiculed: see the opinions of DCL and Tom over the years.

For me, Seamus has been a great servant of the club and should be treated with respect, but on the other hand I've seen him decline over the past few years.

Unfortunarely, our support seems to be stuck in the camps of either he's great (can do no wrong etc.) or he's rubbish and start to taint his character. It's pathetic.

All about opinions eh.

He`s one player that most definitely deserves a role at the club when he packs in.

The fact that he`s doing / done his coaching badges suggests that this will more than likely be the case.

You only ever here positive things about him off the pitch and pound for pound one of our best ever buys.

A genuine nice guy and a model pro.

Indeed it is and there'll always be different opinions for a multitude of reasons, but in reality the only opinion's that really matter will be Carlo, his staff and Brands.

Everything else is merely speculation and conjecture. With regards to our fan base, I've said it lots of times Mick that too many of our fans solely have polar views.

Players are either great or rubbish and often there is no in-between, where actually players aren't bad but they're not world beaters. It's all knee-jerk reactions!

Our youth players receive the worst treatment because expectations are so high and then they're ridiculed: see the opinions of DCL and Tom over the years.

For me, Seamus has been a great servant of the club and should be treated with respect, but on the other hand I've seen him decline over the past few years.

Unfortunarely, our support seems to be stuck in the camps of either he's great (can do no wrong etc.) or he's rubbish and start to taint his character. It's pathetic.

I agree hes not at his peak at the moment/anymore but Im also not convinced on Sidibe. I dont think Coleman has really let anyone down when hes played a couple of errors here and there but as suggested his offensive game isnt what it has been. Coleman is only 31 so if he were to move on I think we'd get a fair fee for him, would be a sad day when he does go mind.

I agree hes not at his peak at the moment/anymore but Im also not convinced on Sidibe. I dont think Coleman has really let anyone down when hes played a couple of errors here and there but as suggested his offensive game isnt what it has been. Coleman is only 31 so if he were to move on I think we'd get a fair fee for him, would be a sad day when he does go mind.
I try to treat them as different questions entirely: saying Coleman is declining shouldn't automatically mean that we need to sign Sidibe or believe he's great etc.

For me, the signing of Sidibe is a prudent option if the price touted - £12m - is correct, but I don't believe that it should automatically mean he's our first choice.

It's same with Kenny as in reality we're not sure if he's either a) what we (Carlo) wants at right back, or b) that he'll actually want to come back to the club.

Ideally, we'd also sign a top right back who would cement his place, although I can't see that happening unless there's departures and perhaps Sidibe doesn't sign.

With FFP, I can't see the club wanting to have all three in the squad, let alone four, so it'll be interesting to see which (at least) of the three aren't here next season.

All about opinions eh.

Represents what the club stands for more than everyone else combined, including Ferguson. pound for pound probably the best value player we have ever had, gets a horror injury and now because he is starting to decline the wolf pack is snapping at his heels!
This lad is the one player we should hang onto and move onto the back room staff, sack all the others but this guy should be the model we want all our kids to aspire to!

I bet he signs a new contract with a month of the season remaining. My take on it is the following:

Firstly see if Schalke or anybody are willing to offer us a good price on Kenny. Given he starts every game for them, it's clear that Wagner their manager fancies him.

If we can sell for 10/15m then get him sold and keep Seamus for one final year.

If we cannot sell for a decent price then no point in offloading, and instead bid adeau to Seamus and keep Kenny as cover.

In both cases, we need to sign up Sidibe as first choice, or if he's not interested find a better-than-Coleman-and-Kenny right back for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.