2019/20 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can’t release him until June 2022 because, at the age of 28 and less than 6 weeks after suffering a double leg fracture, Blue Bill gave him a new five year contract.

Great, 2 more seasons of Coleman running past the halfway line, stopping, bouncing on the spot for a few seconds then passing it to the centre back.

Disgusting post.

He has given this club a long and distinguished service. His form has declined through age and after the terrible injury.

He should be replaced but thanked for what he has done for the club and always welcomed back.

Anyone admit to being the filth that booed Neville when he got old, fat and useless in his last couple of years.

Been around long enough to see himself become the villain. Opinion changing from being a bit of a great to someone who has been around a long time and never helped us win or even challenge for anything. It’s time he moved on for sure the same as a few others

Really saddens me how people turn on players who have given their all for the club, once age catches up with them.

Its very frustrating that we have never been able to have good quality players to take over from players like Coleman and Baines before they got to the stage where it showed that they were past it at the top level. Colemans bad injury hastened his decline, but top clubs move players on before they get to the stage they look out of their depth, having already got a player that can step in and play at premier league level. We never seem to have young guy that can fill in for a few weeks and end up paying over the top fees and wages on short term replacements that neve work.

I get a minor aneurysm every time I have to watch this bloke try to dribble and pass his way out of pressure. Should be one touch and out every time he receives the ball. He overthinks it once he settles the ball.

Coleman in the Echo saying we need to be patient with Ancelotti, the training is intense and said we will have off days between now and going into next season.

To me that’s like him saying let us take our time getting better and if it runs into next season then so be it.

Seamus my man your days are numbered as are a lot of these clowns, because on Saturday the majority couldn’t pass a football and are totally unfit, so no it won’t run into next season to get fit and start passing the ball correctly you coward of a captain.

Coleman in the Echo saying we need to be patient with Ancelotti, the training is intense and said we will have off days between now and going into next season.

To me that’s like him saying let us take our time getting better and if it runs into next season then so be it.

Seamus my man your days are numbered as are a lot of these clowns, because on Saturday the majority couldn’t pass a football and are totally unfit, so no it won’t run into next season to get fit and start passing the ball correctly you coward of a captain.
Surely it stands to reason that there will be games where players fail to adjust to their new roles and the manager's new way of playing, and so things don't go right on the day. Even Ancelotti can't work miracles, and on the journey between old and new ways we shouldn't be surprised and disheartened if the wheels come off on the odd ocasion. Was this not what Coleman was saying - ie to give the manager a break? Don't see anything wrong with that.

The only thing that saddens me is that we are a club who seem expected to allow "finished" players to grind to a halt and call time themselves before finding a replacement.

He should have been replaced 18 months ago...... his ear cupping to the gwladys street to suggest his goal answered criticism of his performances was a joke.

Surely it stands to reason that there will be games where players fail to adjust to their new roles and the manager's new way of playing, and so things don't go right on the day. Even Ancelotti can't work miracles, and on the journey between old and new ways we shouldn't be surprised and disheartened if the wheels come off on the odd ocasion. Was this not what Coleman was saying - ie to give the manager a break? Don't see anything wrong with that.

Yeah, I agree with that. It's still 100% the same squad that Silva had available to him, Ancelotti is an exceptional manager but he's not a magician. He can't just come, burn everything to the ground and start again. Changes are incremental. If his book is anything to go by the team will be being forced to eat lunch all together by now. That was his starting point at his other clubs.

"Coleman, receives the ball from Mina, looks forward (mouth open),option available but lays pass back to Keane, Keane plays pass to Mina, Mina, plays it Coleman, Coleman looks forward (mouth open), pass is on but goes back to Pickford, Pickford makes a long pass to the wing but the ball is over hit & it goes out of play for a throw in to the opposition (Pickford smiles)".
Groundhog day being an Everton fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.