2019/20 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny’s absence has done him a world of good. Everyone seems to have forgotten that he was the kid who was too slow and weak isn’t he leaguer the we were begging for Seamus Coleman who can’t even control a football to be brought back into the team. A few decent displays in the bundesliga doesn’t change anything. There was a reason Kenny got loaned out and Sidibe was brought in.

Coleman is not good enough. Kenny is not good enough. We need to stop over estimating players abilities.
Jenny's absence? What's that about?

I think most of you are over looking one very important point when it comes to Seamus and Leighton, continuity. That doesn't mean passing down to future players success stories as they are few and far between but it certainly does mean impressing on future sides what it means to the supporters, club and everyone else at EFC.
I believe we made a huge mistake letting Jags go, we couldn't offer him a starting place in the team but he could have fulfilled the role he's playing at Sheffield United for us, that would have also given us cover in defence. Some will scream that he was too old, the lad was no older than Stubbs, Weir, Distan and a few others. Clubs need to retain some club experienced, those who ooze the club, players to ensure the core mantel of a side, the heart if you like, isn't thrown out with the bathwater and some of the dross currently masquerading as team players.

I think most of you are over looking one very important point when it comes to Seamus and Leighton, continuity. That doesn't mean passing down to future players success stories as they are few and far between but it certainly does mean impressing on future sides what it means to the supporters, club and everyone else at EFC.
I believe we made a huge mistake letting Jags go, we couldn't offer him a starting place in the team but he could have fulfilled the role he's playing at Sheffield United for us, that would have also given us cover in defence. Some will scream that he was too old, the lad was no older than Stubbs, Weir, Distan and a few others. Clubs need to retain some club experienced, those who ooze the club, players to ensure the core mantel of a side, the heart if you like, isn't thrown out with the bathwater and some of the dross currently masquerading as team players.

That would all be well and good if coleman, jags etc were part of a massively successful era and we wanted continuity.
However they weren't and their 'leadership' has been pathetic so get shut asap

I very much agree with this post. As much as I don't think Coleman is a nailed on in the starting 11, he wouldn't be the worst cover for his position. Hoping once JJK gets back from his loan (really hoping it's helped him as a player, not going to pretend I've watched him but heard good things), I can see him almost going through the same thing, Coleman had before he broke into the side.

That would all be well and good if coleman, jags etc were part of a massively successful era and we wanted continuity.
However they weren't and their 'leadership' has been pathetic so get shut asap
Based on that gem we therefore get shut of everyone, build from scratch with foreigners or should I say mercenaries and to hell with everything, bowlocks. I'd point out that Ancelotti agrees with continuity so we get shut of him as well. Each of the players mentioned has represented our club to the very best of their abiltes, two of them have captained their respective countries yet you call them pathetic, get a life

Last edited:
Based on that gem we therefore get shut of everyone, build from scratch with foreigners or should I say mercenaries and to hell with everything, bowlocks. I'd point out that Ancelotti agrees with continuity so we get shut of him as well. Each of the players mentioned has represented our club to the very best of their abiltes, two of them have captained their respective countries yet you call them pathetic, get a life

I called their leadership pathetic.
Learn to read please before ranting drivel thanks

The only concern would be at the cost of a younger player development, which would have been Holgate... One of the few who ooze the club requirement you reference.

Pardon, reread what's there and stop making a fool of yourself. Destructive support like yours is pathetic you just can't grasp what goes on in teams because your ego forces you to spout nonsense.

I can grasp very well our team are a bunch of mental lightweights that crumble under the slightest pressure and have done for years. sorry if you cant deal with that and want it to continue with your happy clapper attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.