2019/20 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
No the he was never that good. Had a good 7 or 8 years out of him where he was a good right back. For 60 grand.
You're hard to please.
So now he was only good, I said he wasn't great I'm not disputing he wasnt good, I'm not hard to please but you are easy to obviously,by thinking not getting better is ok.

Great servant to our club, but sadly time has caught up with seamus. One of my favourite players of the modern era, but just can’t influence games like he used to. If Sidibe can start well in Coleman’s absence due to his sending off at Burnley, then he might struggle to get back in the team.

So now he was only good, I said he wasn't great I'm not disputing he wasnt good, I'm not hard to please but you are easy to obviously think not getting better is ok.

Borderline great and good. He put in some great performances and some good ones down the years. It doesnt have to be either or.

Borderline great and good. He put in some great performances and some good ones down the years. It doesnt have to be either or.
it does there is a hell of a difference, yes he put in some great performances but not enough.Let's be honest if he was Great he would of been at Utd or City.He should of been replaced around the same time as baines, to sentimental us.

His leg-break really knocked his confidence and speed. Great servant though he was one of the best right backs in the league at one point. We need to move on this summer by buying another right back.

Oh Seamus, if only you'd ever learned how to cross, you'd be better than Lahm.

But alas, you never did.

For more than a decade as professional footballer, earning your living, you failed to learn to kick a ball higher with accuracy.

it does there is a hell of a difference, yes he put in some great performances but not enough.Let's be honest if he was Great he would of been at Utd or City.He should of been replaced around the same time as baines, to sentimental us.

Cant be arsed with your great and good thing. He was a bit of both. In his prime he was excellent bombing forward. Great wing back. I do remember a time united were supposed to be in for him but who knows if that was concrete or not.
Anyway. I thought he was great/good. And thats good enough for me. wont get many 60 grand signings that do that. Cant bring myself to give him any stick as he's gave a lot.
Its the managers decision to move him aside. Which is clearly going to happen soon.

Cant be arsed with your great and good thing. He was a bit of both. In his prime he was excellent bombing forward. Great wing back. I do remember a time united were supposed to be in for him but who knows if that was concrete or not.
Anyway. I thought he was great/good. And thats good enough for me. wont get many 60 grand signings that do that. Cant bring myself to give him any stick as he's gave a lot.
Its the managers decision to move him aside. Which is clearly going to happen soon.
Sound, but measure him on past full backs and full backs of other sides then you .maybe will see why he was a good player not great, as I mentioned before we are far too sentimental about some players.

Sound, but measure him on past full backs and full back for too sides then you .maybe will see why he was a good player not great, as I mentioned before we are far too sentimental about some players.

Well it all depends on one persons definition of what great is. If comparing as full backs to a paulo maldini then no. If we are measuring him on past full backs at Everton. Is he the best right back at Everton since gary stevens? Yes.

Well it all depends on one persons definition of what great is. If comparing as full backs to a paulo maldini then no. If we are measuring him on past full backs at Everton. Is he the best right back at Everton since gary stevens? Yes.
Gary Stephen's was far better, Maldini played on another level.As I said good for us at the time no doubt but if he had been great he would not have stayed.

Gary Stephen's was far better, Maldini played on another level.As I said good for us at the time no doubt but if he had been great he would not have stayed.

Gary stevens wasnt far better than coleman. Stevens played in a fantastic side. Not the best footballer i have seen by a long way. Great athlete. But played in a team full of winners.
On a one to one he was not FAR BETTER than coleman.

Gary stevens wasnt far better than coleman. Stevens played in a fantastic side. Not the best footballer i have seen by a long way. Great athlete. But played in a team full of winners.
On a one to one he was not FAR BETTER than coleman.
Stephens was a better defender, as quick as Coleman got down the line better and could cross a ball better, whether he played with better players or not, if it come to an all time Everton side Stephen's would be in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.