2019/20 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
As unpopular my opinion as it may be on this, I do believe we have seen the best in Coleman. I have seen Sidibe's apperances so far and haven't been overly impressed. I still think its a regret sending Kenny out, although by the looks of his reports, he's going to come back better and stronger
I think we will see Kenny first team next season

should have played his last competitive international last night. One point picked up on Irish radio this morning was how frustrated and ratty he seems to have gotten recently. Ultimately, I think this is an increase in frustration with himself - he is clearly a dedicated fella and he knows he know's he is on a slippery slope.

Legs, touch and energy levels clearly not where they were.

One thing Everton have excelled at over the years is keeping players who have served the club well,then carry on playing them until said players get abuse,Coleman has been a very good player for the club and they have certainly had their monies worth,but a replacement should have been lined up a couple of years ago

Coleman has been a good player over the years but it is time to go now for him. If JJK can keep his form up on loan then he might make a decent RB or maybe we might go for Arias the PSV guy, we were linked with him previously and Brands is supposed to be a big fan of his.

One thing Everton have excelled at over the years is keeping players who have served the club well,then carry on playing them until said players get abuse,Coleman has been a very good player for the club and they have certainly had their monies worth,but a replacement should have been lined up a couple of years ago

It’s the exact same scenario as Baines all over again.

Off topic, but one of the reasons why Ferguson was such a good manager, was that he knew exactly when a player was on the wane and replaced them with no sentimentality.

Off topic, but one of the reasons why Ferguson was such a good manager, was that he knew exactly when a player was on the wane and replaced them with no sentimentality.
Like I said mate we excel at it,remember the likes of Reid,Sharpy Ratcliffe etc,taking abuse,for years we have never looked forward,look at FF,the state of the art training facilities and academy and yet very little is produced by it,hopefully having a DOF will change that so the teams all play the same system and youth is developed with the aim of 1st team football

He did but its a bit easier when you have the funds and pulling power to go get a better replacement. He sold players aswell he thought hadnt the right attitude anymore. Never always got it right. He admitted that himself. Jaap stam being one.

Like I said mate we excel at it,remember the likes of Reid,Sharpy Ratcliffe etc,taking abuse,for years we have never looked forward,look at FF,the state of the art training facilities and academy and yet very little is produced by it,hopefully having a DOF will change that so the teams all play the same system and youth is developed with the aim of 1st team football
It's exactly the same as baines, fans saying "he doesn't need replacing he still got it" when it was obvious he was done, then along comes digne and baines does not get an other mention.

Status
Not open for further replies.