2019/20 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really really poor today. Some absolutely dreadful balls forward and that was when he actually did pass forward.

We can't afford to be starting next year with him first choice right back.
Start him twice a season when Mane needs pocketing, then back to the bench

I love him but he's come to the end of his top level career. He still defends as well as anything we've got at the back but he offers nothing more (some would say thats enough but not for me in the modern game). His crossing of the ball is woeful but the one thing he does have is passion for the club, wants to do well and never goes missing unlike a number of others in the team.

He’s turning 32 and of course a replacement must be looked for but he is still comfortably out performing midfield.
How? They both give the ball away just as much.
That 2 minute spell where him and iwobi got in down the right, in plenty of space. And they both couldn’t pick out a blue shirt. Sums up Coleman’s career

How? They both give the ball away just as much.
That 2 minute spell where him and iwobi got in down the right, in plenty of space. And they both couldn’t pick out a blue shirt. Sums up Coleman’s career
Because he is at least a competent player in his position who is busting a gut for the jersey. Midfield is a horrible mishmash of like for like, not good enough and not trying hard enough individuals.

Im not arguing that Seamus is the same player he was 5 years ago, how could he be due to both age and injury? I am arguing though that there are bigger issues than him.

As it stands I would expect him to start next season as a capable back up to a new RB but to still be competing for the spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.