2019/20 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said this for years but it's still as relevant today.

Perhaps having a captain who has been here during the Moyes/Martinez/koeman/allardyce/Silva years of winning and achieving naff all contributes to the attitude at the club a little bit?

They represent Everton sure , Coleman jags baines all great players for this team no question.

However they keep the same spirit going, the spirit that you see on the pitch every week.

Also why are we giving the armband to players on the decline every single time? Those last 3 were finished as starters , or at least question marks over sheamus right now.

Its a joke when our captain doesn't play and neither does the deputy.

I've said this for years but it's still as relevant today.

Perhaps having a captain who has been here during the Moyes/Martinez/koeman/allardyce/Silva years of winning and achieving naff all contributes to the attitude at the club a little bit?

They represent Everton sure , Coleman jags baines all great players for this team no question.

However they keep the same spirit going, the spirit that you see on the pitch every week.

Also why are we giving the armband to players on the decline every single time? Those last 3 were finished as starters , or at least question marks over sheamus right now.

Its a joke when our captain doesn't play and neither does the deputy.
He needs to go - he's part of the problem, not the solution.

Agree although I do not place that fault at the door of Coleman.

he’s the captain and the only one who got interviewed...

I reckon they’d all have come out with the same sentiment if interviewed

Sentiment, sure. But I don't think anybody else in that squad would have outright questioned the desire, attitude and effort of their colleagues. Not in so many words and not as explicitly, anyway.

Agree although I do not place that fault at the door of Coleman.
No, nor is it the fault of jagielka nor baines.

It's not who they are but what they represent at the club, the past.

Each one would be welcome captain in a successful past. I have no issue with the idea of jags as Captain when he was but baines and Coleman afterwards was continuing the mindset that came before.

Those three in all honesty go down as modern day great players for us and for good reason. Last year I think it was when jagielka and baines were out the team but captain and Coleman was injured it made a joke of the armband that we couldn't field a captain based on performance .

I'd rather us go out now and sign a ancelotti roy Keane style player and give him the armband. Make them the standard , rather than the ones who represent mediocrity.

He needs to go - he's part of the problem, not the solution.
I wouldn't go to that extent like!

I've said for a few years I want us to buy our captain not inherit it. Someone who has an attitude but will lead by example. Those I mentioned are simply part of a 10 year old plus regime that has won nothing and stumbled from bad form to bad form.

The best way you change the mindset at the club is by removing the past and start with the future. Baines/coleman/jagielka are great players for the shirt , even if they weren't successful .

But they remain part of the same sort of regime that feared teams under Moyes and had a lapdog as a captain before them. That's who they are as a captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.