2019/20 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's on his 8th manager if you count caretakers. Nothing he says has any credibility yet loads of our fans are lapping it up; "Never seen him like that before lad, if only the rest of them cared like him."

Bore off and wake up, that gullibility is what allows players who come into the club to think they can get away with acting unarsed.

He's not a captain where it matters most, the pitch. He doesn't lead and never has, Jagielka was the same. I don't want a lunatic Gattuso-type who runs around causing fights. I want someone who tells team-mates where to be. Someone who stands up for them against the opposition and officials. Someone who reacts in-game to try and positively turn the tide.

I don't want a Scrappy Doo who talks a good game for the press and flashes the odd scowl, but ultimately causes nothing to change ever. It will be the same thing next season when we hit a bad run if he's still here. Hopefully not, or at least very much on the periphery.

Last edited:
Too little, too late. Son was a turning point for me. That stuff transmits itself to players. Too nice, should be getting pulled off from players after games. Too timid to question refs decisions - and we've had some shockers this season, should be taking a fine to highlight terrible decisions in media. Holgate next season pls.

Seamus will always be fondly remembered as a player and a character. Time he was gone before his performances deteriorate further. That shocking injury finished him prematurely.

Too little, too late. Son was a turning point for me. That stuff transmits itself to players. Too nice, should be getting pulled off from players after games. Too timid to question refs decisions - and we've had some shockers this season, should be taking a fine to highlight terrible decisions in media. Holgate next season pls.

ooherr-missus.jpg

This wasn’t your bog standard captain’s rallying cry.

He meant this. He’s one of the good guys, unlike some of the wastrels we have.

Agree. Dammed if do dammed if dont i tend to see the comment as.
But his attitude over the years cant be questioned. Bought at a time when we paid for hunger from players.
Now we buy cast offs at silly prices who come here on fat contracts and they know they can cruise.
Makes me vomit.

Status
Not open for further replies.