2018/19 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Youve got to wonder though surely.

The performance today...what rating would you give him out of 10 ?

Jags id give 2/10 and Coleman the same or lower.

He was poor, but so was everyone else. Do we not sign Gomes now because of how crap he was? Sell Richarlison? Even Digne was garbo. You literally only single out players who are over 28 as if their bad performances are age-related, while everyone else just gets away with it.

Richarlison is 21 and has had enormous stretches of poor form, even Gomes was off the boil for a fair period during the season. Coleman's performances have been okay, and really good in recent weeks, with one or two howlers. Anyone with eyes can see he's still far better than Kenny and any other option we have. I can see why footballers forego loyalty these days with the growing section of weird Zataras in the crowd demanding sacrifices

He was poor, but so was everyone else. Do we not sign Gomes now because of how crap he was? Sell Richarlison? Even Digne was garbo. You literally only single out players who are over 28 as if their bad performances are age-related, while everyone else just gets away with it.

Richarlison is 21 and has had enormous stretches of poor form, even Gomes was off the boil for a fair period during the season. Coleman's performances have been okay, and really good in recent weeks, with one or two howlers. Anyone with eyes can see he's still far better than Kenny and any other option we have. I can see why footballers forego loyalty these days with the growing section of weird Zataras in the crowd demanding sacrifices

He's a senior pro. His standards should not drop so dramatically. I can't defend getting rinsed by Ryan Babel.

Is the sensible option.
I only post sensible stuff nowadays mate. Since it's become clear that Liverpool FC are able to be the toast of worldwide football, I'm suddenly able to see things a lot clearer.

Shay will do a job when needed for a year or two yet. But never for games on end as first choice.

I only post sensible stuff nowadays mate. Since it's become clear that Liverpool FC are able to be the toast of worldwide football, I'm suddenly able to see things a lot clearer.

Shay will do a job when needed for a year or two yet. But never for games on end as first choice.

I like the boy, but hes not getting any younger and he needs to be pushed for his place.

Replacing him with somebody who doesn't hit the first man with pretty much every cross they attempt would be a good start. He only ever seems to get a decent ball in when he manages to take it right to the byline and doesn't have to think about where he's putting it besides just whacking it across goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.