2018/19 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was he so poor playing with Walcott and also last season?

Now hes playing much better with Richarlison.

Could it be that Richarlisons enormous amount of tracking back is covering up his deficiencies?

So whats the reason then? His performances massively improved when Richarlison moved over.

Also against Chelsea the amount of defending Richarlison did was insane.

Hes found his form again, thats all, he wasnt playing badly cos of Walcott and by the same token he isnt playing ok again cos of Rico.

Of course Rico is a better player, but Walcott got up and down just as much.

I mean he has played at a very high level for a number of years for us, he suffered a very big and serious injury and he was out for a long time, he then struggled for form for a long period. The team is now playing well and hes part of it, everybody has really stepped up their game the last few weeks, if anyone is to take the credit it must be Silva.

Hes found his form again, thats all, he wasnt playing badly cos of Walcott and by the same token he isnt playing ok again cos of Rico.

Of course Rico is a better player, but Walcott got up and down just as much.

I mean he has played at a very high level for a number of years for us, he suffered a very big and serious injury and he was out for a long time, he then struggled for form for a long period. The team is now playing well and hes part of it, everybody has really stepped up their game the last few weeks, if anyone is to take the credit it must be Silva.

So your view is that he miraculously found form after the 17 day break ?

Others were performing well at the start of the season then seemed to tire / fall off a cliff but Coleman hasnt been at this level all season.

Its like a sudden upsurge in form since Richarlison moved to the right...

So your view is that he miraculously found form after the 17 day break ?

Others were performing well at the start of the season then seemed to tire / fall off a cliff but Coleman hasnt been at this level all season.

Its like a sudden upsurge in form since Richarlison moved to the right...

Im saying the whole team found form after the break, not just Coleman.

I also dont think he has been as bad as most people have suggested this season, sure he hasnt been the same level of Coleman we have been used to, hes been mostly average, with the odd stinker here and there, now hes back at the level he has been for years, even before he had Rico next to him.

I know you like your whoscored ratings, his 2 highest ratings of the season both came in games with Walcott.

colemolee.jpg

Dont get me wrong, I would prefer Coleman/Rico or Coleman/Bernie ahead of Coleman/Walcott any and every day of the week, but to suggest Rico is the reason for his "improvement" is a stretch. They work well together as a pair cos they are both very good players.

Im saying the whole team found form after the break, not just Coleman.

I also dont think he has been as bad as most people have suggested this season, sure he hasnt been the same level of Coleman we have been used to, hes been mostly average, with the odd stinker here and there, now hes back at the level he has been for years, even before he had Rico next to him.

I know you like your whoscored ratings, his 2 highest ratings of the season both came in games with Walcott.

View attachment 56856

Dont get me wrong, I would prefer Coleman/Rico or Coleman/Bernie ahead of Coleman/Walcott any and every day of the week, but to suggest Rico is the reason for his "improvement" is a stretch. They work well together as a pair cos they are both very good players.

I see the best game was against Brighton when we smashed them...what was the other game he did well with Walcott in?

Do you think his form would stay the same if Qalcott played in front of him against fulham?

I see the best game was against Brighton when we smashed them...what was the other game he did well with Walcott in?

Do you think his form would stay the same if Qalcott played in front of him against fulham?

I dont know, hes defo enjoying playing with Rico, but as I say, since the break the whole team has been playing well.

The other game is Cardiff.

I dont know, hes defo enjoying playing with Rico, but as I say, since the break the whole team has been playing well.

The other game is Cardiff.

There you go, Brighton and Cardiff we played both off the park.

I reckon its Richarlison doubling up myself and still think we need a new right back.

Only then will we know if Coleman still cuts the mustard.

Status
Not open for further replies.