Transfer Rumour Santiago Sosa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems odd if he’s not any better than Davies, and considering he’s barely played for River, I doubt he is. Strange one that I doubt happens.

I doubt he'd come in and be part of the first team if he is signed. I don't really feel one way or the over this, we've signed a few supposed "wonderkids" over the past few years who came in and did less than nothing (Rodriguez, Henen, Green, etc). Here's hoping but don't hold your breath.

I doubt he'd come in and be part of the first team if he is signed. I don't really feel one way or the over this, we've signed a few supposed "wonderkids" over the past few years who came in and did less than nothing (Rodriguez, Henen, Green, etc). Here's hoping but don't hold your breath.

...we also brought in Stones, DCL, Galloway, Holgate via that productive strategy.

None of them cost £15m though. No way we're splashing that sort of cash on someone to come in and compete with Harry Charsley.

...we also brought in Stones, DCL, Galloway, Holgate via that productive strategy.

Galloway turned out to be crap, Holgate has yet to establish himself, Stones left way before we saw the best of him and DCL probably won't start much next season.

We've had some successes but also a lot of failures. I've learnt not to get my Hope's up anymore when signing youth players.

Leave him at River Plate for another year I say. Needs more senior experience by the sounds of it.

Galloway turned out to be crap, Holgate has yet to establish himself, Stones left way before we saw the best of him and DCL probably won't start much next season.

We've had some successes but also a lot of failures. I've learnt not to get my Hope's up anymore when signing youth players.

...£50m for Stones is quite a success. DCL will play lots next season, is an integral squad player and is an absolute bargain for £1m. Holgate and Lookman can be moved on with a tidy profit.

Buying young talent is low risk and very productive.

That Vickary bloke was talking about him today. I know he isnt everyones cup of tea, but he had at least heard of the lad before most in here.

In summary, a really really good prospect. Always looking up, has a pass in him, and excellent in the tackle. A very promising defensive midfielder. But very very inexperienced, (which we know now), but could be an excellent investment.
That Vickery is usually pretty bang on if I’m honest. I know he comes across as a bit of a big time Charlie and people don’t like him because he dared to say that someone Everton was signing wasn’t suited to the league (he was right) but he knows his stuff. He was also basically the only person saying Richarlison was worth what we paid for him.

I’d assume Brands knows this lad inside out and with my own twisted logic would say that he’s less of risk than some of his PSV signings purely because he wouldn’t have had £13 or whatever million to spend on a prospect there and would’ve had to go for someone cheaper.

....apparently ‘keeping tabs on the player’ but no plans to act on our interest at this stage.

Doooooomed when @Azza opened the thread.

Dubious source. lol

That Vickery is usually pretty bang on if I’m honest. I know he comes across as a bit of a big time Charlie and people don’t like him because he dared to say that someone Everton was signing wasn’t suited to the league (he was right) but he knows his stuff. He was also basically the only person saying Richarlison was worth what we paid for him.

I’d assume Brands knows this lad inside out and with my own twisted logic would say that he’s less of risk than some of his PSV signings purely because he wouldn’t have had £13 or whatever million to spend on a prospect there and would’ve had to go for someone cheaper.

Remember when he said Funes Mori wasn't very good... everyone slaughtered him...few months later it turns out Funes Mori couldn't tackle a pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.