Transfer Rumour Santiago Sosa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brands must know something we don’t to want to pay £13m for a kid who has played 4 games. Does seem very odd though to be paying that much for a totally unproven 20 year old, you’d at least expect him to have 15+ starts.
https://www.clarin.com/deportes/fut...vienen-buscar-premier-league_0_eKQFqv-wU.html

Says here, I think, that he got in the team of the tournament in an International tournament in Chile last year and then trained with the Argentina senior squad before the last World Cup, also says he just finished (May 3) studying at University which might be why he's not played too much for River Plates first team.

http://ar.marca.com/claro/futbol/river-plate/2019/02/07/5c5c4a4f268e3e53048b45df.html

Santiago Sosa is one of the figures of Argentina in the South American Sub 20that is played in Chile and delights everyone with consolidating itself as one of the best appearances of recent years in an area of the field where cracks abound. Despite not having been part of other selected youth and having played only three games in the first of River, shows great presence in each game and seems to be the most experienced.

Sosa was born in La Plata, is 19 years old and measures 1.79 meters, something that can serve as a great advantage over his rivals. Playing as a central midfielder, sometimes only and sometimes accompanied, he became master of that area of the field in each meeting with the albiceleste. He is always attentive to the second balls or to cross a rival willing to start the counter. In addition, it has a very good foot, which makes it a mixed wheel that always plays first and provides a clear outlet from the bottom to their teams.

These characteristics did not go unnoticed by Marcelo Gallardo who made it debut nothing more and nothing less than for the Copa Libertadores in the round of knockout against Racing. He sat on the bench because Leo Ponzio was suspended and entered in the second half by Juanfer Quintero when the game was 2-0. A few minutes later Enzo Perez was expelled and he had to take over the middle, along with Exequiel Palacios, another young man from the lower ranks.

An attribute that begins to glimpse Sosa is its good punch, something that can be worth to change front, enable a partner or finish the bow if you advance a few meters in the field. In his second game with River made a sample that is not in the statistical records as his great shot hit the post and entered the goal after hitting the back of the goalkeeper of Lanús Ibáñez. Playing for the National Team he was able to score more than once, but fortune was not on his side.
It is worth noting the polyfunctionality that he also showed in the South American Sub 20 by coupling with an outstanding performance as a central marker in the match against Uruguay in the final hexagonal. Batista's team faced a complicated game against one of the best teams of the tournament without Nehuén Pérez, although Sosa made the absence of the Atlético Madrid player go unnoticed.

Unknown Sosa is still continuing his university studies . He is in the third year of the career of Contador at UADE and he acknowledged that it is another of his great objectives.

Intelligence, claw and class, three indispensable characteristics to be Leo Ponzio's successor in River and project to occupy the midfield in the National Team a place that was vacant since the retirement of Javier Macherano.

Still only being reported by [Publication is blacklisted due to spam] (who) from what I can see, seems very Bensebaini to me

Edit: just the name of the news outlet is blacklisted I rest my case.

Still only being reported by [Publication is blacklisted due to spam] (who) from what I can see, seems very Bensebaini to me

Edit: just the name of the news outlet is blacklisted I rest my case.
I’ll have you know “Publication is blacklisted due to spam” are very highly thought of in journo circles

https://www.clarin.com/deportes/fut...vienen-buscar-premier-league_0_eKQFqv-wU.html

Says here, I think, that he got in the team of the tournament in an International tournament in Chile last year and then trained with the Argentina senior squad before the last World Cup, also says he just finished (May 3) studying at University which might be why he's not played too much for River Plates first team.
A must! Heard of him today. I will now detail my first 11 including him....

Status
Not open for further replies.