2017/18 Sandro Ramirez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised by how much he doesn't play like your typical Spanish lad. His style looks a lot more classic kick and rush, not been impressed by his technique at all.

He looks done for me. I can be wrong let's see what happens when the current season finishes. He was lucky not to get sending off yesterday.

I think he's been phenomenal to be honest, completely makes us tick, better then I expected. He is capable of scoring 15 to 20 this year.

Be a pity not to play him as a playmaker, I think that was the plan, but with not signing a striker and having to many creative players who can give the ball to someone and no one who can finish. Rooney must play up front as the cutting edge. I think Koeman will come to that realisation.

He has as much pace as Kane and could have scored the two goals Kane got yesterday.

He was injured last time out mate, we rushed him back into the team so hardly a good comparison.

He doesn't gave to be a lone striker as we have loads of support to give him. It seems the mind set of both the club and fans is having one up top is the only way we are allowed to play. It really isn't, we can play Rooney off sandro and tell him to avoid the half way line, we can play with young wide players in a counter attack style, we can pack the midfield and have sandro running channels if we need to hold a lead (moyes esq)

Point is, we are only basing out player opinions on who can and can't do what on 4 league games. Harry Kane couldn't make a championship team, drogba didn't get going until he was about 26, surely sandro needs more than 4 games before we make any sort of opinion on him?

I'm not saying that at all, this is crossed wires.

He isn't a central striker. When we play a 4-2-3-1, we don't get enough support to our striker for him to play that role, is my point.

Sandro - and I've watched enough of him to know - isn't a leader of the line in the Premier League just yet.

As you say, he needs a partner.

I think he's been phenomenal to be honest, completely makes us tick, better then I expected. He is capable of scoring 15 to 20 this year.

Be a pity not to play him as a playmaker, I think that was the plan, but with not signing a striker and having to many creative players who can give the ball to someone and no one who can finish. Rooney must play up front as the cutting edge. I think Koeman will come to that realisation.

He has as much pace as Kane and could have scored the two goals Kane got yesterday.
I think your right mate to be honest. I like what I see. Would be interesting dropping him in where rooney plays with dcl up top. That I'd like to see. He's got a good turn of foot so has dcl has potential to be a good combo. OK he can be reckless but we all love a bad boy...

I think your right mate to be honest. I like what I see. Would be interesting dropping him in where rooney plays with dcl up top. That I'd like to see. He's got a good turn of foot so has dcl has potential to be a good combo. OK he can be reckless but we all love a bad boy...

Agree 100% mate, DCL and Sandro on the Flanks Rooney in the middle, plenty of pace in the first phase, Rooney can also drop deep and the lads can press up, with Rooney arriving.

Agree 100% mate, DCL and Sandro on the Flanks Rooney in the middle, plenty of pace in the first phase, Rooney can also drop deep and the lads can press up, with Rooney arriving.
Not sure on the rooney coming in deep to be honest. Little disappointed at the moment needs to clear his head and sort himself out. I know I'll get negged for it but still think davy boy can come in from deep. Doesn't look afraid to get in the box.

Not sure on the rooney coming in deep to be honest. Little disappointed at the moment needs to clear his head and sort himself out. I know I'll get negged for it but still think davy boy can come in from deep. Doesn't look afraid to get in the box.

Playing more the Beardsley role was my thinking mate. I'll give Davy some time but very underwhelmed by him to be honest.

Rooney has been the only decent midfield/forward player for us this season.

This Spaniard on the other hand has looked every inch a 5 million pound player.

What, you mean the 21 year old footballer who has to acclimatise to a new culture, team mates and new language is struggling after less than 180 minutes of football??

You should wait outside GP and chase him down county Kev

Still can't believe the slack he's getting.

Vertonghen - 6ft 2
Alderweireld - 6ft 2
Sanchez - 6ft 2
Sandro Ramirez - 5ft 9

So what should we do to combat the lack of height.... OH I KNOW! LETS HOOF THE BALL UP TO HIM.

:lol:

and people act surprised that we're not getting shots on target, when we've got mastermind coaches who think this is the best option.

Jesus Wept.

Status
Not open for further replies.