2020/21 Sandro Ramirez

Status
Not open for further replies.

That is one of the greatest pictures I've ever seen

Glad you're using it @Tubey, guaranteed giggle every few days now haha

Never heard of Huesca but their fans are immediately my favourite in world football.

I just went to nose out of interest - wondered if they'd be happy at an ex-Barca striker etc. given their stature in the game.

But no, they were (rightfully) meeting the news with pretty much universal dismay.

1602001945679.png

Just brilliant. Love them.

Weird All this dislike of Sandro, wish him well myself, good luck to him, don't remember one fan on here who did not want to sign him at that time, including myself. Just did not work out, player wasn't good enough for the pace of this league and its almost killed his career. Yes he's been well paid for it, but we were the ones happy to pay it at the time, blame us, every player any club signs is a gamble.

Weird All this dislike of Sandro, wish him well myself, good luck to him, don't remember one fan on here who did not want to sign him at that time, including myself. Just did not work out, player wasn't good enough for the pace of this league and its almost killed his career. Yes he's been well paid for it, but we were the ones happy to pay it at the time, blame us, every player any club signs is a gamble.

agree with that, he never said a bad word about us in all the timer he was here. Not his fault he wasn't good enough, just shows how bad Koeman and Walsh combo were. Wish him well just not suited to the prem

I think it’s a bit more than just not working out, it looked like a poor signing right from when we first saw him. It honestly looked like they’d just looked at his numbers and not watched him. Totally agree that it’s not his fault though, and fair play to him for always wanting to get out and play.

53B58B55-1FCD-439E-8848-50B694F0855F.jpeg

will always remember this game for 2 reasons.... 1 The Worst ever performance By Everton I’ve witnessed and 2 Sandros only ever goal for us!!!! Either way I wish I’d stayed at home and watched Corrie instead

I'd imagine we reached agreement that covered a percentage of his remaining contract, to release him on a free.

We aren't covering his wages at Huesca, it's entirely a matter for him and them. He is gone now with that last payment to him.

Hopefully a lesson learned. Mistakes are made and hindsight is wonderful, I guess the alarm bells should have been ringing at the size of his wages off the back of one half decent season in La Liga, it wasn't as if he had been banging them in year after year.

Huesca Cf is a small club with one of the smallest revenue in the entire liga. Huesca recently reduced its wage bill by around 40% for all. It is inconceivable taht Huesca would pay Sandro 70K a week.Please see:

eraldo.es/noticias/deportes/futbol/sd-huesca/2020/04/11/sd-huesca-reduce-salarios-futbolistas-tecnicos-directivos-1369153.html

You have no idea if EFC is not covering his wages yet you state it as a fact. Sandro was on high wages, around 70k a week it has been reported at EFC and the contract had about a year to run. It would be madness on his part to forgo those wages. It is likely, as I said, that EFC is still paying part, a large part,of his wages. The advantage for EFC is that Sandro is no longer on the players list.

The same thinking applies to Walcott where it has been reported that EFC will continue to pay 50% of his wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.