2020/21 Sandro Ramirez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a weird recollection of the club pushing out videos of him scoring worldies in training right after he arrived ..... #9 too wasn't he ?! One of our worst signings ever ...good luck and goodbye !!!

I have a weird recollection of the club pushing out videos of him scoring worldies in training right after he arrived ..... #9 too wasn't he ?! One of our worst signings ever ...good luck and goodbye !!!

I don't remember that, but we can always go back and dig up the pre-signing YouTube highlights....

Huesca Cf is a small club with one of the smallest revenue in the entire liga. Huesca recently reduced its wage bill by around 40% for all. It is inconceivable taht Huesca would pay Sandro 70K a week.Please see:

eraldo.es/noticias/deportes/futbol/sd-huesca/2020/04/11/sd-huesca-reduce-salarios-futbolistas-tecnicos-directivos-1369153.html

You have no idea if EFC is not covering his wages yet you state it as a fact. Sandro was on high wages, around 70k a week it has been reported at EFC and the contract had about a year to run. It would be madness on his part to forgo those wages. It is likely, as I said, that EFC is still paying part, a large part,of his wages. The advantage for EFC is that Sandro is no longer on the players list.

The same thinking applies to Walcott where it has been reported that EFC will continue to pay 50% of his wages.

Why would we be covering wages for a player off the books?

Why would we be covering wages for a player off the books?

If he was on £70 K and Huesca were offering him say £20k per week we probably made an agreement to settle the difference, with the player reducing his demands slightly and the club paying him off upfront. There were quotes from the Villadolid chairman a few months back saying he was prepared to take a salary cut to play games, I think He took a pay cut to stay there after the restart.

If he was on £70 K and Huesca were offering him say £20k per week we probably made an agreement to settle the difference, with the player reducing his demands slightly and the club paying him off upfront. There were quotes from the Villadolid chairman a few months back saying he was prepared to take a salary cut to play games, I think He took a pay cut to stay there after the restart.
I think that you are almost certainly correct.
The suprising thing , and why we may be paying him slightly less than he would otherwise have received by staying with us , is that he has got a 3 year contact.
Bravo to his agent.
As a matter of interest when was the las time he actually scored ? 4 years ago ?

I think that you are almost certainly correct.
The suprising thing , and why we may be paying him slightly less than he would otherwise have received by staying with us , is that he has got a 3 year contact.
Bravo to his agent.
As a matter of interest when was the las time he actually scored ? 4 years ago ?

Gotta be one of the best agents in the game getting that deal after the one he got off us, I think he managed three goals last season for Villadolid.

Gotta be one of the best agents in the game getting that deal after the one he got off us, I think he managed three goals last season for Villadolid.
Just checked his record , you are spot on. Scored 3 in 15 appearances for Vallodolid last season.
Prior to that nothing for Seville or Sociadad in those 2 seasons on loan.
Must be great to sign a striker in such a rich vein of form.

Status
Not open for further replies.