2018/19 Sandro Ramirez

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club were unfortunate for the most part. They're not psychic. We all thought he would be a great signing too. If you say you didn't you're a liar.

The club were had off over his wages. It was bad business but it happens. It wouldn't be as big of a deal if they hadn't had been had off by several other players coming in the door at the same time or just prior though.

Agree there were a few clubs after him and we weren't his first choice by any means. We had to pay higher wages to ward off other suitors, in what was then, thought to be quite a coup and a bargain because of the low transfer fee.

The club were unfortunate for the most part. They're not psychic. We all thought he would be a great signing too. If you say you didn't you're a liar.

The club were had off over his wages. It was bad business but it happens. It wouldn't be as big of a deal if they hadn't had been had off by several other players coming in the door at the same time or just prior though.

Admittedly we'd already signed him. But watching him properly, for Spain u21s, at the euros the summer he signed was a red flag for me.

He was blatently the least technical player in their team and his physical attributes weren't great either. I lost a lot of hope that he'd be any good and massively lowered my expectations. Everton eh

Prince hailed from Minnesota...same with Bob Dylan.

on-topic: I wonder what Prince and Bob would make of Sandro?

Dylan would make a boring double album. Prince would die too young, just the same. On a flight from Dublin to LA just after 9 11 I was diverted to Minnesota and they didn't recognise Aer Lingus as an airline. Trigger happy military, CIA, FBI, Police took us all of the plane and searched us. Oops..sorry that was Minneapolis St Pauls...I think.

Prince hailed from Minnesota...same with Bob Dylan.

on-topic: I wonder what Prince and Bob would make of Sandro?
Haven't you heard Dylan's lesser known final verse to Blowin' in the wind?

"Yes 'n' how many games must Sandro play, before he scores a goal?
Yes 'n' how many chances does a 'keeper need, before he's dropped to the bench?
Yes 'n' how many goals must DCL score, before they say he's not bad?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind"

It’s certainly one tactic. He’s got a big time agent so that’s something to consider.
Can’t see any other way tbhhes currently on 120k a week playing for a crap team in Spain and not even playing many games, living in the sun etc. if we change that he may change his mind about taking a pay cut

Yannick also murmurs a hello...

I get it but their was a knee injury that kept him out for a year. At least he managed to contribute a couple of goals and a few assists.

Young Davy contributed nothing in the 7 games he managed to get in the field for and we sold him for half of what we paid.*

*I realize we will get less than half for Bolasie.

Status
Not open for further replies.