2018/19 Sandro Ramirez

Status
Not open for further replies.

In terms of money spent/lost on a young, balding Davy Klaassen, he will hopefully own that title forever.

Wouldn't be so sure. It's hard of course to say exactly with all the extras you don't see in headline figures and exact wages, but in general terms we sold Klaassen for 12 million less than we paid for him and he had a year and a bit worth of salary from us. That figure comes to around 20 million.

Sandro has been with us for 2 years and we paid 5.5 million for him so that figure is already around 18 million. Now he is obviously getting part of his salary paid by his loan club but I doubt it is going to more than 40k of it - probably a good chunk less than that too tbh. But if we use the 40k for arguments sake we can take around 2 million off that 18. Problem is we still have him contracted for another 2 years or 12 odd million pounds worth. Even if we can loan him off for the rest of his contract we are conservatively looking at a bill of 24 million for a player who has done absolutely nothing for this club, I think he could surpass Klaassen as the worst.

I haven't done the same calc for Bolasie though and he could well become king of kings for wasted cash if we don't get a large transfer fee for him soon.

I know he didn’t cost that much (although £5m was a lot for us back then), but it has to be Kroldrup. What was it, just the one game in the hammering at Villa? He literally looked like he had never played football before at any level.
Didn't Kroldrup go on to play for a proper team though so it could be argued he wasn't really given a chance. To be fair to Sandro he has had lots of chances to impress... and hasn't

If Sandro sees out his contract it must be close!
At least Davy showed some real spirit and class with his attempts to link with the fans and professionalism, while also going on to thrive again at Bremen.

There's a player there and I felt it was unfortunate it didn't work for him here. Sandro was bought as a one-season wonder and will continue to be a donkey.

As such, he is a much worse buy than our Davy boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.