2018/19 Sandro Ramirez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Silva prefers players who can play across the forward positions rather than one out and out goal scoring CF.
Sandro fits his requirements more closely than Tosun for instance. For that reason I think he will be loathe to move him on without at first trying to get a tune out of him.
Also don't think we will be signing any other centre forwards.

Hugely optimistic post in the usual charade of negativity on this forum. I admire your positivity pal, but there ain’t no “very good player” there in my opinion. At best he will stick in a goal or two, everyone will then say he’s a world beater before he slumps into his normal mediocrity.

Hugely optimistic post in the usual charade of negativity on this forum. I admire your positivity pal, but there ain’t no “very good player” there in my opinion. At best he will stick in a goal or two, everyone will then say he’s a world beater before he slumps into his normal mediocrity.

Hes def quality mate, just needs game time. We'll never know if he doesn't get a consistent run of games to be fair. Unfortunately young players arent afforded time at PL level anymore.

I get that it’s all about confidence and I agree if he scores it will definitely increase his confidence, but I just worry that he has been woefully short of quality. There have been occasions where he’s been so poor it’s been embarrassing. I’m not one for negativity and so want him to succeed, but he’s just not cut the mustard in reality. That chance at Bury......I was willing him to stick it in the net, even burst the frigging thing, but instead he sent it well wide.

I have every faith in Marco Silva, and if anyone can get a tune out of Ramirez it will be him. Fingers crossed, Sandro will play a part this season.

I agree with you in some respects, but hes not short on quality, just confidence and chemistry with his team mates, our team had no structure or balance last season. Just hope he plays consistently in a 3 behind the striker this season, he has all the attributes, just needs the chance to show it.

I agree with you in some respects, but hes not short on quality, just confidence and chemistry with his team mates, our team had no structure or balance last season. Just hope he plays consistently in a 3 behind the striker this season, he has all the attributes, just needs the chance to show it.

Agree and for some young players that's too much to overcome.

I saw an Everton player last season wearing our number 9 shirt v Chelsea at home who deliberately ran into any channel where the ball would or could not be played. He wanted to be marked and when he wasn’t he found a way to be. That’s the most complete breakdown in confidence of any player I’ve had the discomfort of seeing.

Lots of reasons why I suppose looking back in hindsight, many the clubs fault I reckon, but equally he has to take more than his share of responsibility. He hasn’t delivered to date - whether he wants to be here long term or not, I have no idea, but he has taken the rewards on offer but offered little in return - probably regrets on both sides over this. Our problem to solve as it stands.

I saw an Everton player last season wearing our number 9 shirt v Chelsea at home who deliberately ran into any channel where the ball would or could not be played. He wanted to be marked and when he wasn’t he found a way to be. That’s the most complete breakdown in confidence of any player I’ve had the discomfort of seeing.

Lots of reasons why I suppose looking back in hindsight, many the clubs fault I reckon, but equally he has to take more than his share of responsibility. He hasn’t delivered to date - whether he wants to be here long term or not, I have no idea, but he has taken the rewards on offer but offered little in return - probably regrets on both sides over this. Our problem to solve as it stands.

He ran away from the ball in that Chelsea game, it was possibly the most shameful performance ive ever seen from an Everton player.

All come down to confidence and trust/chemistry with your team mates i suppose, obviously wasn't much of either on show last season, especially against a strong settled side like Chelsea.

I didn't see that game. Do you really, truly think he deliberately played badly? Or was he just bad, regular bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.