Sam and his squad of 33.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would guess that along with Lennon Besic, Sandro, Klaasen , Robles and Niasse would be allowed to leave today.

For the right money I think Sam would sell Schneiderlin and maybe McCarthy( certainly in the summer if it allowed him to sign N'Nzonzi).

Jagielka and Baines will probably be allowed to run down their contracts and stay as cover in the squad unless a chance comes for them to get a fling fling somewhere else as it did with Barry.

I would guess Martina will just see out his contract or go on loan as it is hard to see much interest in him.

The difficult window that January is may help us move players out this month.
Was it not last January that we moved a he number of players .

Part of the problem of course has been the young players from the academy pushing themselves forward and into the squad, it isn't all about silly buying.... Kenny, Holgate, Davies, Baningime, Lookman, Vlasic and DCL.

GK: Pickford, Robles, Stek, Hewelt

DEF: Coleman, Kenny, Martina, Keane, Holgate, Jagielka, Williams, Funes Mori, Baines, Garbutt, Feeney

MID: Gana, Schneiderlin, McCarthy, Besic, Baningime, Davies, Rooney, Lennon, Bolasie, Walcott, Lookman, Vlasic, Sigurdsson, Klaassen, Grant, Tarashaj

FORW: Tosun, DCL, Sandro, Henry, Niasse

Loan: Dowell, Connolly, Williams, Pennington, Galloway, Browning, Charsley, Robinson, Mirallas

Our squad is ENORMOUS for a team in the league placing we find ourselves and chock full of absolute turd. Red is sell now or summer, bold should start every week. We actually have decent depth with experience and youth but we clearly need a few positions addressing this year to ensure next season (and those after) we can be successful:

1x Back-up goalkeeper
2x Left backs
1x CB
2x CM's
1x LM

Maybe another striker as well.

Surprised by the calls to sell Baines and Jags. You need senior pros around even into their mid-thirties. And it's a massive bonus when they've been here 10+ years. A better idea would be to buy their long-term replacements and have a couple of years overlap before they retire completely.

Jags is done and one of Everton’s problem is keeping players after their sell by date

Status
Not open for further replies.