Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
.... His team for Saturday will be interesting. Especially where he plays Rooney.

...yep, you think of him as wanting hard working types who are good professionals but as my son pointed out to me, he got a tune out of the likes of Anelka and Diouf. I really don’t know how things will pan out over the next month or so. I doubt he’ll change things much for Saturday.

I had to laugh last night when he saw that performance and result, on the back of which we now sit easily within reach of midtable. His face in the director's box was a picture: he had the horrifying realisation that his job here had suddenly changed from getting safe to getting us into the top half of the table and keeping us there.

We have effectively stepped out of the Big Sam criteria of basket case club and are asking for a bit more than moving us from relegation team to bottom half plodders. Inside he must have been very concerned about what he's now got to do.

As said all along: this position we found ourselves within was way short of fire fighter manager territory. Moshiri has panicked and has us now managed by a man without the tools to do the new job: mid-table/top half finish. That's what happens when you have a clueless errand boy in the hot seat.

Good! about time.

Bill's sentimental BS and Woods inactivity have led us through the most barren spell in the clubs history.

They need to go and take their previously badly managed "boys club" with them.

Hope Mosh crushes them and gets people in who can get on with running the football club as a business and not a thing they can use just for their social standing.

I had to laugh last night when he saw that performance and result, on the back of which we now sit easily within reach of midtable. His face in the director's box was a picture: he had the horrifying realisation that his job here had suddenly changed from getting safe to getting us into the top half of the table and keeping us there.

We have effectively stepped out of the Big Sam criteria of basket case club and are asking for a bit more than moving us from relegation team to bottom half plodders. Inside he must have been very concerned about what he's now got to do.

As said all along: this position we found ourselves within was way short of fire fighter manager territory. Moshiri has panicked and has us now managed by a man without the tools to do the new job: mid-table/top half finish. That's what happens when you have a clueless errand boy in the hot seat.

David,

we are five points clear of the drop zone

Our defence is a shambles that has conceded 20 goals in the eight games since Koeman got sacked.

We beat a team that happened to be one of the three below us. It was a good display but there were clear areas where improvement was needed - and drastic improvement at that.

The manager search was ridiculous. We could have had Sam 4 weeks ago but instead went for targets that simply weren't feasible. We could have got Dyche thanks to his buyout clause and I'm convinced that 4/5 weeks ago he'd have happily joined us. Now we weren't worth the gamble to him. But he'd have been the perfect manager to fix our short and long-term issues.

Instead, it's Sam.

The target is still 40 points. We need another nine wins (simplifying it, obviously) to get that.

David,

we are five points clear of the drop zone

Our defence is a shambles that has conceded 20 goals in the eight games since Koeman got sacked.

We beat a team that happened to be one of the three below us. It was a good display but there were clear areas where improvement was needed - and drastic improvement at that.

The manager search was ridiculous. We could have had Sam 4 weeks ago but instead went for targets that simply weren't feasible. We could have got Dyche thanks to his buyout clause and I'm convinced that 4/5 weeks ago he'd have happily joined us. Now we weren't worth the gamble to him. But he'd have been the perfect manager to fix our short and long-term issues.

Instead, it's Sam.

The target is still 40 points. We need another nine wins (simplifying it, obviously) to get that.
We are three points from 9th with four teams ahead of us with worse last 5 PL match form than us and they're there to be taken down immediately; we have a team with its tail up; we have a raft of players to come back from long term injury; we have a January window coming up.

You are having a laugh if you think we are in a bad place and need desperate measures and our objective is to merely bump along above the relegation zone.

Sorry my friend, that is just not going to fly.

Good luck to him. I mean that btw.. I want him to get in here and get us top half and keep us there. That's what the manager's job entails at this club MINUMUM. But if he falls short of that it's failure and he has to be fired at the end of the season.

He has a fair wind at his back here. If he is any sort of decent manager at all he'll get us into the top ten. If not, Adios.

Status
Not open for further replies.