Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but we havent achieved anything since 1995 so its not like we are going to miss out on anything because of him.

I dont think people are accepting him as much as they are being realistic on where we are right now as a club, besides some of the calls on who should replace him are just stupid. We do need 18 months of stabilty and deadwood shifting to undo some of the mess Koeman and Walsh have made, if we get 7th after the start we had, starting again with a new manager and potentially a new set of problems is too dangerous

Sound, accept mediocrity then

Boss

Massive Defeat - it was the players, failing to obey instructions, problem predates me, etc., etc. (ie. not me)

Victory - things we have worked on ‘since I have been here’, and the long term plan and vision of Sam, etc. etc. (ie. all about me)

This management lark is easy, the fraudulent, rotund chancer. He is a disgrace to the club and our ethos.

But thats the point, no one is accepting mediocrity, we need to improve, there are a lot of problems at Everton, and nearly everyone of them pre dates Sam, in some cases by many years.

No one disputes that but retaining Sam, who’s a perennial loser, has 25 years of mediocrity behind him and is some what of a joke figure in British football, rightfully so, only exasperates those problems.

But thats the point, no one is accepting mediocrity, we need to improve, there are a lot of problems at Everton, and nearly everyone of them pre dates Sam, in some cases by many years.
All of that is true, but how is Sam the solution? What is the evidence that supports the idea that this guy can solve our problems?

Everton Boss Sam Allardyce Ready To Plan For Next Season.That was a headline on the red echo site.Lolzers fools day falls on 1st of April, not the 11th of February.Mind you every day is fools day, if your name is Sam Allardyce.

Not trying to be funny here mate at all as its all about opinions...but you seriously think he is the answer? whats with this stability and get rid of the deadwood stuff thats being peddled on here.....hes won the lottery being here...having had to endure all of his matches home away since he has been here..its absolutely dire...my choice .. stopped going away before Arsenal..cant stand it...We need ALL the old guard wellying down the road...start with a nice new page and it may take a bit of time with all the changes involved...but lets get some kin passion and direction going...the standard in this league is probably the worst ever...that will help the transition..

what if we take a punt on someone with a imo average squad, recruit poorly again and the new man flops like koeman, what then?

we need stability, sell off some deadwood/poor players and try to get in the right players

The squad is above average, relative to premier league standards. It's badly unbalanced, but that can be addressed in a transfer window by signing some left sided players and a striker.

"What if" will always exist. It will exist after 2 seasons of Sam or 3 seasons of Sam. There is no point sitting around in midtable playing bland stuff, we need to at least try to push on, otherwise our competitors will just continue to outgrow us.

Massive Defeat - it was the players, failing to obey instructions, problem predates me, etc., etc. (ie. not me)

Victory - things we have worked on ‘since I have been here’, and the long term plan and vision of Sam, etc. etc. (ie. all about me)

This management lark is easy, the fraudulent, rotund chancer. He is a disgrace to the club and our ethos.

Yep, wants to take all the credit but none of the blame.

SA in a nutshell. He has one hell of an ego.

He either is old and at an age where he doesn't give a blocks so is trolling us saying some of the things. Or he is just really out of touch with who we are what we wanna hear. Like I'm sure I'd fail as a manager but I know saying something like. '7th and Europa is salvageable from this disaster of a season but our standards should be higher than that and they will be next season.' I might well fail as a manager but it would buy me more time than what he's giving himself with his comments. I'd probably last longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.