Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apples and pears to an extent.

When Unsworth came in we were in the bottom three and with our confidence on the floor. When Allardyce came in we were within a win of the top half of the table and that provided the base for the initial run of acceptable results. Not to mention that Allardyce has had what Unsworth was never afforded: a FT position and the respect and focus from players attendant with that.

Was Unsworth the answer or a better bet to improve us more than Allardyce? Maybe, maybe not. But I doubt we'd be that worse off now if he'd been promoted to a FT role back in October. The style of football would have been more palatable and getting shut this summer to install a new manager less expensive.

1 point from games against West Brom and Bournemouth

Context-free stats that don't suit the 'but...but.... Gravy Blues lol llol Lol Lol' brigade

1 point from games against West Brom and Bournemouth

Context-free stats that don't suit the 'but...but.... Gravy Blues lol llol Lol Lol' brigade
It's the embarrassment factor too. I cringe when I see him in our dugout or in the media talking as our manager. It's humiliating. It tells the watching world: "Everton are a club that's failed. Nothing to see here. Move along".

It just shows how much Koeman was detestable though that even with his massive limitations I'd still have Allardyce over Koeman. If we're on the floor now, we were in the gutter with Koeman.

I kind of miss the days when we seemed to be an intelligent club (from a football perspective).

Going back a few years ago, we were so poor it was embarrassing. Losing Arteta on deadline day and bringing in Drenthe and Denis Stracqualursi on loan was an example of that.

But funny enough, in that 2011-12 season (and 2012-13 season) we managed to finish above Liverpool. For me, the reason why was because we were more intelligent in the transfer market than a lot of the clubs around us. We couldn't compete financially, so we had to properly research our signings to be sure they were the right fit.

I look back at the signings of Arteta, Cahill, Pienaar, Baines, Jagielka, Lescott and Coleman and then compare it against Ashley Williams, Bolasie, Cuco Martina, Klaassen, Sandro, Schneiderlin and Sigurdsson and feel so despondent how poor value it looks in comparison.

For 11 years, we had a settled system and stability.

Fast forward to the present day and I have never known a set of players to be so disliked by the fans. What was once a relatively calm and settled dressing room now looks like chaos. Your have Moyes's players, Martinez's players, Koeman's players, Sam's player's. That stability that allowed us to overachieve under Moyes (and Martinez in his first season) has just gone.

And we as a set of fans are like sharks with a taste of blood in our mouths. We kicked and screamed and Martinez got the sack ( I was one of them). Fast forward 16 months and Koeman got his marching orders. Now, after a very difficult run of fixtures, some are calling for Sam to be sacked. If it continues, I really do not see it ending well for Everton. Yes, short term hire and fire can work for smaller clubs but not for Everton, its not in our DNA.

We desperately need a period of stability because I don't think this club can retain its premier league status if the next 18 months is anything like the last.

We also need to figure out why our squad is so rotten because right now, it reminds me of Sunderland's. A group of overrated, average players who were constantly getting their manager the sack. If you are at Eveton because it is an easy ride with very good money, please do one.

To be honest does anyone really know what the answer is any more? Martinez went rubbish, Koeman went rubbish, Unsworth couldn’t inspire anything, now Allardyce after an ok start has reverted to the norm. Since the end of the 13/14 season no one can inspire any sort of sustained form above lower mid table. The players come and go, managers come and go, whatever the combo we’re always crap. There is a systemic rotten core at the club that needs to be eliminated.
Asides the obvious players that need shipping out I'd start by shipping out anyone else who came in under Moyes, then Martinez, then if it's still not sorted Koeman. I have a feeling there is a rotten core somewhere and it's rubbing off onto anyone we bring in.

DTce90VXcAI_xHd

It's true. It's a tall order. We need to unearth the next Brian Clough or some other genius who can plait sawdust.

But the very least we can do is to employ a manager to play attractive football.

...whilst keeping us defensively sound. That’s the conundrum and I have my doubts whether it’s possible with this group of players.

Rot Hodgson is making a mockery of Allardyce. They were rock bottom and a shambles and now they have only lost a single game in 12.

Allardyce is a one-trick pony. Always disliked him and that hasn’t changed. Hate the fact he’s at my club

Moyes is making a mockery of him as well.

It's true. It's a tall order. We need to unearth the next Brian Clough or some other genius who can plait sawdust.

But the very least we can do is to employ a manager to play attractive football.

Dave, i think what this club of ours needs more than anything now is a period of stability.

3 managers in just over 3 years, a significant outlay on players spent and our current incumbent only on an 18 month contract is far from good.

The board need to sit down and decide which plan they want to follow.

I think they are far more concerned about plans for a new ground, than they are about the state of us on the pitch.

They need to realise that just because we are Everton, it does not give us a god given right to be Premier league.

Concentrate on giving us a decent manager, on a decent length contract and give him the FULL support he needs to change our fortunes around.

I kind of miss the days when we seemed to be an intelligent club (from a football perspective).

Going back a few years ago, we were so poor it was embarrassing. Losing Arteta on deadline day and bringing in Drenthe and Denis Stracqualursi on loan was an example of that.

But funny enough, in that 2011-12 season (and 2012-13 season) we managed to finish above Liverpool. For me, the reason why was because we were more intelligent in the transfer market than a lot of the clubs around us. We couldn't compete financially, so we had to properly research our signings to be sure they were the right fit.

I look back at the signings of Arteta, Cahill, Pienaar, Baines, Jagielka, Lescott and Coleman and then compare it against Ashley Williams, Bolasie, Cuco Martina, Klaassen, Sandro, Schneiderlin and Sigurdsson and feel so despondent how poor value it looks in comparison.

For 11 years, we had a settled system and stability.

Fast forward to the present day and I have never known a set of players to be so disliked by the fans. What was once a relatively calm and settled dressing room now looks like chaos. Your have Moyes's players, Martinez's players, Koeman's players, Sam's player's. That stability that allowed us to overachieve under Moyes (and Martinez in his first season) has just gone.

And we as a set of fans are like sharks with a taste of blood in our mouths. We kicked and screamed and Martinez got the sack ( I was one of them). Fast forward 16 months and Koeman got his marching orders. Now, after a very difficult run of fixtures, some are calling for Sam to be sacked. If it continues, I really do not see it ending well for Everton. Yes, short term hire and fire can work for smaller clubs but not for Everton, its not in our DNA.

We desperately need a period of stability because I don't think this club can retain its premier league status if the next 18 months is anything like the last.

We also need to figure out why our squad is so rotten because right now, it reminds me of Sunderland's. A group of overrated, average players who were constantly getting their manager the sack. If you are at Eveton because it is an easy ride with very good money, please do one.

....it really is all to do with being effective in the transfer market. Moshiri said it’s difficult just keeping the status quo but that’s because we’ve not established a baseline squad to build from. If we had a decent, balanced squad we’d be bringing in players to improve us but at the moment we are chasing shadows.

...whilst keeping us defensively sound. That’s the conundrum and I have my doubts whether it’s possible with this group of players.

The players can be better used than this. The West Ham game underlined that they can attack and remain relatively tight in defence. With a couple of additions to the defence and another manager we can get back to where we were - getting in the mix for a European place.

Whilst we continue to have poor club governance we'll struggle to do better than that.

Dave, i think what this club of ours needs more than anything now is a period of stability.

3 managers in just over 3 years, a significant outlay on players spent and our current incumbent only on an 18 month contract is far from good.

The board need to sit down and decide which plan they want to follow.

I think they are far more concerned about plans for a new ground, than they are about the state of us on the pitch.

They need to realise that just because we are Everton, it does not give us a god given right to be Premier league.

Concentrate on giving us a decent manager, on a decent length contract and give him the FULL support he needs to change our fortunes around.
Yes.

But we're not stable right now and never will be under Allardyce. Stability also means having realistic hopes as well as merely surviving. That's true of individuals and football clubs alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.