Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually when walsh was appointed i missed the fact he kind of did have a track record as a 'dof' of sorts, was head of recruitment under Allardyce at Newcastle when they brought in some absolutely horrendous players (about 12 in one summer) most of whom they couldn't shift off the books for years and who hardly played for them they where that bad.
Can’t believe that mate, you’re normally up on most things! That makes the appointment of Walsh look even worse. We really do need a complete overhaul as soon as the season is finished.

Can’t believe that mate, you’re normally up on most things! That makes the appointment of Walsh look even worse. We really do need a complete overhaul as soon as the season is finished.

Soon as January is over - Walsh should be bin-bagged mate, can't wait till summer IMO, need to get a new DoF into the position with enough time he can analyse this [Poor language removed] show before Summer and get to work on finding the right manager - which should be one of the DoF main responsibilities.

Soon as January is over - Walsh should be bin-bagged mate, can't wait till summer IMO, need to get a new DoF into the position with enough time he can analyse this [Poor language removed] show before Summer and get to work on finding the right manager - which should be one of the DoF main responsibilities.
You’re right, the sooner the better.

I'd like to think another manager comes in and says to the owners

"Right you clueless biffs, sign a left back, sign a centre back, sign a defensive mid who knows what the word defends means, sign me a midfielder with an engine and who can pass forward and further than 5 yards, oh and I'll stop playing our 45m record signing left back to cover for that knobhead the precious managers keep playing"

Completely agree.

Who else would sign a 45M playmaker and ask him to cover our leftback as a priority over actually playmaking?

Who else would continue with Martina at leftback?

Who else would look at our squad and think right " we need a winger"?

We have Lookman, Bolassie, Lennon and Vlasic who can all play on the wing.

Sam picks Siggy on our left and Lennon on our right for their defensive covering ability alone.

He cannot afford to pick Lookman or Vlasic or Klassen even , at the moment because they cannot do the defensive covering job.

Whoever is our manager, and im not defending Allerdyce, but anybody will struggle to get the right balance with our team, whilst we continue to ignore the need for a left back.

Week in, week out, our DM's, CM's, CB'S and wingers are being pulled out of position to cover our left hand side of defence.

Thus, when an attack breaks down, we cannot play out of defence because our playmaker midfielder is in the left back position.

The only option Pickford has is too HOOF to our loan attacker, who flicks it on their centre half. They then give it to their attacking right back and so on and so on.

Actually when walsh was appointed i missed the fact he kind of did have a track record as a 'dof' of sorts, was head of recruitment under Allardyce at Newcastle when they brought in some absolutely horrendous players (about 12 in one summer) most of whom they couldn't shift off the books for years and who hardly played for them they where that bad.
Had no idea that he was at Newcastle with Allardyce. All starting to make sense now.

They brought in Mark Viduka (admittedly a favourite of mine), Alan Smith, Geremi, Joey Barton, Jose Enrique, Habib Beye and Abdoulaye Faye.

Sacked five months into his first season lol

If Allardyce had not come in and actually got some points on the board then we would be in an even worse situation than what we are now. The quality in the squad is extremely poor! I think almost any manager in the world would struggle to get a tune from this sorry lot.

The idea that replacing Allardyce with some whopper like Silva is going to turn us around is far from guaranteed, and could actually end up with us being relegated. I think Big Sam is going to be here for a while yet, as he is needed in order to keep us away from the relegation dog fight.

Had no idea that he was at Newcastle with Allardyce. All starting to make sense now.

They brought in Mark Viduka (admittedly a favourite of mine), Alan Smith, Geremi, Joey Barton, Jose Enrique, Habib Beye and Abdoulaye Faye.

Both sacked at the same time, both brought in at the same time as well, yeah he bought a combination of utter crap, and washed up former good players, left them all behind for years after they left, honestly it wrecked any chance of Newcastle stabilising in the division really

If Allardyce had not come in and actually got some points on the board then we would be in an even worse situation than what we are now. The quality in the squad is extremely poor! I think almost any manager in the world would struggle to get a tune from this sorry lot.

The idea that replacing Allardyce with some whopper like Silva is going to turn us around is far from guaranteed, and could actually end up with us beige relegated. I think Big Sam is going to be here for a while yet, as he is needed in order to keep us away from the relegation dog fight.

Unsworth gained more points per game than Allardyce is averaging mate

The idea that replacing Allardyce with some whopper like Silva is going to turn us around is far from guaranteed, and could actually end up with us being relegated. I think Big Sam is going to be here for a while yet, as he is needed in order to keep us away from the relegation dog fight.
Less points per game than Unsworth secured.

Thanks for saving us Sam.

Spot on, Williams had turned it around after a bad start and the shrinking violet is put back in.

When you play with a deep midfield shield in front of the back 4 the CB position is one of the easiest in football. It suits the likes of Williams to a tee, not much space to cover, less exposure and no expectation to find a blue shirt when he has the ball. Build a partnership with him all you like but it'll be ripped apart soon as the shackles come off.

@orly

Think Allardyce has made the first really big mistake in the press with that 'even more boring' comment, clear sign that the criticism is getting to him and a great big 'f' you to the fans with that one phrase, won't be long till he's getting stick in increasing amount i think.

For all I can't stand him I always thought he was quite savvy. His first big mistake for me were the two away games at Christmas, this latest quote is laughable and it looks a lot like we'll have an arrogance vs fanbase situation exactly like at WHU.

They also had our current head scout with them in the same capacity didn't they? Jobs fur the boys, it's the Everton way.

I don’t think Silva has.
Koeman was a mercenary.
Dyche seems like a good fit. The feeling I get is that he would be loyal to the club, understand the club and build a solid base. He probably won’t get us to top 4... but I doubt that any manager will

Don't want the Watford manager.

Not convinced by Dyche unless he got 7th with Burnley for 2 seasons in a row, at least. He got 16th last season.

I'm just glad we stayed clear of that fat moaning boring waste of space benitez which bizarrely some on here wanted

He would have been a far far far better appointment than this waste of space.

I mean a guy who has won the champions league, la liga, Europa league, Fa cup etc vs what the **** has sam won?

sam buys the likes of nolan and carrol, benitez given money, signs the likes of alonso, torres, mascherano, reina etc

We arent good enough to get tier one managers, the FSW is the best we could probably get in terms of managerial stature, might even win us a cup since that is his speciality.

he has taken a seriously crap newcastle side, with next to no money given to him this summer, and constant off field drama etc an they are 4 points behind us after we just spent 200 mil. warra guy fat sam is.

Status
Not open for further replies.