Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
..we shall see, Matey. I wasn’t particularly in favour of him coming here but I recognise the job he’s done with this group of players. If he sees out his contract its an indication we’ve improved. If things go relatively well, I wouldn’t be surprised if he actually gets a contract extension. I expect Moshiri has been stung by how difficult it was to get a new manager after Koeman and might not be in a hurry to go through that again, especially if the ground build is progressing.
Exactly all my thoughts.

Not neccesarily in quality but certainly in style. I think Sam is intent on proving that he is more than a firefighter, and we may well see managerial skills that have not been evident previously. I think he'll do the 18 months, at least.

If only I had your faith!

What alternatives??????

We painted ourselves into a corner regarding our manager. I am sure it didn't come as a shock to the powers that be at the club that Norman was going to be sacked. We should have had a plan in place for his successor. Just simple forward planning.
We then made Unsworth stay on in charge too long while we seemed to go after one man. When that didn't happen we panicked and hired Fat Sam on an 18 month contract.
Our alternatives were to plan the handover from one manager to another and not just shoot from the hip and then panic.
We are a Premier League club, it is time we were run like one.

We painted ourselves into a corner regarding our manager. I am sure it didn't come as a shock to the powers that be at the club that Norman was going to be sacked. We should have had a plan in place for his successor. Just simple forward planning.
We then made Unsworth stay on in charge too long while we seemed to go after one man. When that didn't happen we panicked and hired Fat Sam on an 18 month contract.
Our alternatives were to plan the handover from one manager to another and not just shoot from the hip and then panic.
We are a Premier League club, it is time we were run like one.

You have still not stated what the alternatives were but harped on about the poor planning and procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.