Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keane - poor signing and vastly overpriced.
Sandro - Seldom played - because when he did play he was shockingly bad.
Klassen - barely played by 3 successive managers - there's a reason for that.
Martina - poor signing
Sigurdsson - decent if played in no. 10 position - never worth £45M, though. If we'd paid half that it would have been steep.
Rooney - past it before he came to Everton
Scherderlin- decent first season, terrible attitude this season. True. £25M wasted there.
Williams - Very poor signing.
Bolasie - poor signing. He wasn't great before the injury but now he's a waste of a shirt. Dreadfully overpriced when we did buy him.
Pickford - good signing
Gana - good signing
Tosun - too early to tell
Walcott - decent signing.

That to me is a flawed transfer policy, we have sold good players (Stones, Lukaku and Barkley) and replaced them with vastly inferior ones, by and large.

The thing is, though, all three players had made it absolutely clear that they wanted to leave. We certainly did all we could to keep Ross Barkley. You could argue that none of them have improved since leaving us - Barkley has hardly played for Chelsea, Lukaku's showing the same on-off form for Man U that he showed with us, and Stones is in and out at City - they paid £50M in January for a player in his position.

Not buying a centre forward is the worst failing. We knew since March that Lukaku was probably off, so why on earth didn't we have a replacement lined up?
Well said

I hate Sam and he needs to be booted but both his signings have been good signings. He deserves credit for that and that alone(if they actually were his signings and not Walsh)

It really does wind me up when the whole forum is blantlenty ignorant to what Sam has done for our club this year. We should be thanking him and giving him the backing along with further funds this summer to build.

Absolute embarrassment to our fanbase you lot. He will move us up the table next year, maybe not a huge amount but I'm certain he will get us to at least best of the rest and build from there.

Give your heads a wobble lads ffs.

Said absolutely nobody ever
Accepting mediocrity is an absolute embarrassment to our fan base

It really does wind me up when the whole forum is blantlenty ignorant to what Sam has done for our club this year. We should be thanking him and giving him the backing along with further funds this summer to build.

Absolute embarrassment to our fanbase you lot. He will move us up the table next year, maybe not a huge amount but I'm certain he will get us to at least best of the rest and build from there.

Give your heads a wobble lads ffs.

Said absolutely nobody ever
Back at ya Ben.

He deserves the chance to see his contract out...
He deserves the chance to a full season with a transfer window to bring in his own signings...
He deserves the chance to show what he can do in a full season...

Sorry mate, no.

He was brought in to ensure the club didn't succumb to relegation.
He inherited the best squad of players - irrespective of how they'd played to that time and since - he's ever had or likely to have at club level.
He did the hard bit in December and as I said in the other post, has failed spectacularly to coach or inspire them to kick on, catch and overtake Burnley.

His time with Everton is 100% done.

Sorry mate, no.

He was brought in to ensure the club didn't succumb to relegation.
He inherited the best squad of players - irrespective of how they'd played to that time and since - he's ever had or likely to have at club level.
He did the hard bit in December and as I said in the other post, has failed spectacularly to coach or inspire them to kick on, catch and overtake Burnley.

His time with Everton is 100% done.

The danger is if a new manager comes in has a bad run then people are calling for his head too...

The danger is if a new manager comes in has a bad run then people are calling for his head too...
And you seriously believe that's a sound or good enough reason to stick with someone who has driven us all to distraction in six months, has never won a thing in his life, has only ever proven himself as a relegation avoider and who, maybe Bolton fans apart, is universally loathed by footie fans everywhere ??

Status
Not open for further replies.