Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It needs to register with Moshiri, not Allardyce.

Not saying he'll do anything but I'm fairly certain he took notice of the fans regarding Martinez and Koeman.

Im sure he did but no way did they get the boot because of the fans, that was just down to results. Puting the Sam stuff to one side for a moment, Moshiri really needs to sort things out, for years we wanted someone to come in and since he has, apart from talk about a new ground nothing really good has happened to us

We were in the bottom three then, stuck in between windows and with no striker, if he wants him now big questions have to be asked about Moshiri
Bigger questions need to be asked if he sticks with Allardyce in my opinion.

Silva is a risk undoubtedly. A big risk?. I don't think so. But we need to take an element of risk if we're to try and move forward. We're not going to attract one of the very best and proven managers. And even these don't always work out. Koeman was supposedly Premier league proven, not that he was ever considered one of the best.

With Allardyce, you know precisely what you are going to get. He's proved this time and again this season. Mid table finish, somewhere between 7th and 17th. If that's what Moshiri wants, then he's totally out of sync with the majority of the Everton fan base.

Eddie Howe for me. Clever attacking football....never say die
approach.
Quick n simple answer.
Said it last night, no chance, absolutely no chance of Howe leaving Bournemouth.
He tried it at Burnley and failed miserably, and there's nothing close to the pressure at Turf Moor that an Everton manager will have on him.

Im sure he did but no way did they get the boot because of the fans, that was just down to results. Puting the Sam stuff to one side for a moment, Moshiri really needs to sort things out, for years we wanted someone to come in and since he has, apart from talk about a new ground nothing really good has happened to us
Oh I agree 100%. He needs to start at the top by taking control by buying out Kenwright/Woods, and putting his own people on the board. Preferably a new CEO who is football person who can take over the decision making, which under Moshiri has been naïve at best. We also need a really good DOF who can introduce a preferred football style/philosophy that will dictate the managers, coaches and players we buy and develop going forward.

We are in a mess mate aren't we. As much as I hate the guy I have to acknowledge that Allardyce is only a symptom of that mess, not the cause.

I think some of that has to do with the fact that when it was announced we were getting a new owner all the fans were so excited at the prospect of finally having some money and given the fact that Moshiri was a proper businessman, we would have some proper direction and finally be rid of the days of false promises and numerous ground moves that Blue Bill kept going on about. Since coming into the club, we are still surrounded by the old regime of Kenwright, Elstone, Woods et al. and Moshiri seems to have plenty of ideas (if you listen to what he said at the begining of his tenure) but does'nt seem to know how to put them in place, and so far, rather than a solid plan all we have seen is a series of rash decisions being made. Now most owners tend to stay in the background, and have someone else running the day to day stuff, Moshiri seems to have made a number of decisions so far so why is Kenwright still here then? he literally can't be doing anything or is he still deciding on stuff more than we realise? The Allardyce thing is just another symptom of what's going, but im very surprised Kenwright has not said to Moshiri that Sam is not suitable as a long term manager of Everton FC, id be very surprised. Moshiri can turn things back round by getting shut of Allardyce because if he does'nt he will soon find that the boo's and banners are aimed at him rather than Sam imo.

Said it last night, no chance, absolutely no chance of Howe leaving Bournemouth.
He tried it at Burnley and failed miserably, and there's nothing close to the pressure at Turf Moor that an Everton manager will have on him.
Why not ?? Its his dream job, how many managers can we at least approach who would have his desire ??
I know its daft innit...an english coach with an everton upbringing that may..MAY just have what we need. Its no more insane than a foreign coach with NO prem expreience but a sext hairdo....
Name one that we can approach without huge money not being the only reason for coming ??

No point, it wont register at all with him, besides ill be too busy booing Schniderlin

You might get your head knocked off if you go to Goodison and boo unless the game gives you a very good reason. As for Schneiderlin why boo a player who has recently found his form and was MOM at least twice recently? In fact why boo any player in a blue shirt?

Bigger questions need to be asked if he sticks with Allardyce in my opinion.

Silva is a risk undoubtedly. A big risk?. I don't think so. But we need to take an element of risk if we're to try and move forward. We're not going to attract one of the very best and proven managers. And even these don't always work out. Koeman was supposedly Premier league proven, not that he was ever considered one of the best.

With Allardyce, you know precisely what you are going to get. He's proved this time and again this season. Mid table finish, somewhere between 7th and 17th. If that's what Moshiri wants, then he's totally out of sync with the majority of the Everton fan base.

So, being playful, you want to take a risk, but not much. And we cant get a proven manager.

But the manager we have will guarantee a mid table finish. Or maybe 7th.

So how about giving the incumbent manager a new target? And the players, to target top end/pot?

Cos if I was the owner, with the opportunities on offer, never in a million years would I start lobbing contracts at unproven, risky, non PL schooled managers.

As a fan, I would love the combo of Fonseca/Brands experiment. The worse that could happen to me would be watching Everton in the Championship.

But that wouldnt cost me a bean.

The flaw with that, and it's only a matter of opinion I know, but we have the 7th best quality squad in the league. It's probably also the 6/7th most expensive squad to assemble. Yes it's unbalanced no question, but realistically there is only what, half a dozen players from the teams outside the top 6 that you would say, yes please, I'll have him. So one could argue that he has under achieved with this squad.

True, but then again he hasn't been in charge all season, so I'd say he's done about what you'd expect with them in terms of results.

With regards to performances and shots on target etc though we've been shockingly poor.

Go on then...name our perfect manager...and dont mention anyone we cant have ..its completely moot.
???
Lists ...
Vitor Pereira might be available and I recall he had a massive support base here on GOT back when we were discussing Moyes' replacement. I don't know much about him but hope he is our next manager.

Why not ?? Its his dream job, how many managers can we at least approach who would have his desire ??
I know its daft innit...an english coach with an everton upbringing that may..MAY just have what we need. Its no more insane than a foreign coach with NO prem expreience but a sext hairdo....
Name one that we can approach without huge money not being the only reason for coming ??

Whilst I understand your thinking mate, it just is not going to happen.

He's on a winner at Bournemouth where survival/a mid-table finish is more than acceptable, and he can continue to develop his coaching methods and improve his tactical awareness without the demands and pressure of a 'top job'. But his somewhat gung-ho approach will always see them concede goals and lose games.

Granted, that gung-ho approach might be massively more entertaining than the drivel we've watched since the turn of the year, but we need a manager who will make us contenders, genuine challengers for trophies in the course of the next three years before we head to BMD and that would not be Eddie Howe.

He came north to Burnley and failed miserably, hence my extremely firm belief that he wouldn't risk his career taking another big dive by falling for the 'lure' of a 'dream job'.

Unfortunately, the 'huge money' element cannot be dismissed in this day and age, we have to accept it that managers and certainly the highly rated ones can command serious salary packages.

For me, I would like Fonseca from Shaktar Donetsk, and not just because he's some kind of flavour of the month, he's done a terrific job there without bucketloads of money to spend.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.