Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been said before, but the reality is Allardyce is a stigma. If he's your boss then everyone inside and outside the club views us as bottom half, midtable dross at best, who could very easily be relegation battlers.

If he was our boss in August then he would be talking about 40 points. He would be spinning anything better than 10th as a glorious success, probably inventing himself a trophy for it in the process.

If the club have any ambitions, even to come like top 8 and get to cup quarter finals. Like really really limited ambition. Then they need him as far away from the club as possible.

You don't go into Mcdonalds and ask for a korma. So you don't appoint Allardyce as manager and expect a successul football club.

He should be given the opportunity....

Then we could judge...
He has been given the opportunity, he's had 30 years of opportunity and he still hasn't become the manager he thinks he his.
Like Pulis and Pardew , what little tactical nous he once displayed has long ago been superseded. His moment (if he ever truthfully had one ) has gone, it's in the past. Set against the other managers he resembles a small child with a packet of wax crayons in an atelier packed full of great painters.

You have to seriously wonder at the number of people defending BFS on here by saying how bad Martinez, Koeman and Unsworth were.... why are these things relative?
BFS has a crap record, a crap attitude, a huge ego and no respect for anyone else but himself. That's got nothing to do with his predecessors - he is not of a high enough quality to be Everton manager - stand alone.
At last the real truth.

Do do we really think if Big Sam has a decent end to the season he will get the sack...?

I suggest he won't & why should he ?

He would have earned the right to see out his contract & plan for next season...

Unless there is a plan & a new manager in place ready to takeover then all the talk of him getting the sack is complete & utter speculation...

The only thing that will get him sacked is a run of bad results between now & the end of the season...
I don't think it will make any difference whether or not BFS wins all his remaining games. Such is the fan hostility towards him now, he would never be able to survive his full contract for next season.
Sacking him mid season would be an inevitability and I would like to think that Moshiri has learned his lesson about how difficult it is to recruit a new manager mid season that he would pre-empt this by appointing a new manager at the end of this season if not before.

I don't think it will make any difference whether or not BFS wins all his remaining games. Such is the fan hostility towards him now, he would never be able to survive his full contract for next season.
Sacking him mid season would be an inevitability and I would like to think that Moshiri has learned his lesson about how difficult it is to recruit a new manager mid season that he would pre-empt this by appointing a new manager at the end of this season if not before.
Which is the way i see it myself,i dont want us to lose like some might,in the hope that confirms hes gone,in the same way i dont think that winning every game would mean he stays etc,,,i think he will be gone [hopefully] if we won all games or not

I want him to go because the football for the most part has been dire. However I acknowledge the good job he has done in keeping us safe and thereby providing a platform for someone to build on without the disaster of relegation. The folks making out that that wasn't a possibility are kidding themselves. Short memories - we were in a proper mess when Sam took over. His pay off will be small beans compared to the financial implications of dropping out of the pl.
This season is a disappointment but without bfs we could have been looking at an absolute disaster. Hopefully it's goodbye and good luck Sam, and ps thanks for what you did for us.

I want him to go because the football for the most part has been dire. However I acknowledge the good job he has done in keeping us safe and thereby providing a platform for someone to build on without the disaster of relegation. The folks making out that that wasn't a possibility are kidding themselves. Short memories - we were in a proper mess when Sam took over. His pay off will be small beans compared to the financial implications of dropping out of the pl.
This season is a disappointment but without bfs we could have been looking at an absolute disaster. Hopefully it's goodbye and good luck Sam, and ps thanks for what you did for us.

tumblr_m2xpiymJ9w1r1e2i1o1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.