Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're kind of doing exactly that though? You're putting forward the idea of us getting 'smashed by poor teams' as if it was a recurring issue which needed addressing, when in reality what you mean is 'we got battered by Southampton'. He hasn't stopped it because it only happened once.

I also think saying we're better organised is a huge leap. We didn't look very organised when we lost 6 consecutive away games by an aggregate score of 16-4, or when we only had about 3% possession against City because we literally couldn't string 2 passes together, or when we were quite comprehensively outplayed, at home, by a team which has only won 1 of its last 30 games.

Allardyce has done what he needed to do by getting enough points on the board to not have to worry about relegation. He hasn't done a terrible job, but I don't see any need to credit him as he's not achieved any more than the bare minimum.
i agree and i believe Unsworth would of won EVERY game Allardyce has won

Has he improved us? Faintly, to the degree where we don't have to bite our nails to the bone for the run-in, but he has offered nothing more.

To be honest, I expected just a little more, even with modest expectations, and knowing the turd squad he inherited. I did think he would try to seize the opportunity in effect to have a free swing in the bigger games and try and play with positivity and intent. Surely, he above everyone else, knew his grip on the job was tenuous to say the least even before he set foot in GP that evening for the WHU game.

He hasn't offered anything I've seen to make the question of another season come up in debate, nothing close. If he looks at himself honestly, I can't see how he can think justifiably that he really grasped the nettle here and tried, at the very least tried, to make a silk purse from a sows ear. I can't see that at all.

He had to do much, much better than the bare minimum to have even a slither of a chance at winning over the majority. If he stays, he might eke out another marginal improvement, but no more. He has proved his doubters right, definitively. His approach and attitude is simply too dour, too cautious, and too much to avoid defeat at all costs.

They can keep him - but all that ensures is that the mood of depression and despair around the club will just continue into next season. We have fundamental problems to deal with and keeping Allardyce does nothing other than postponing having to deal with the inevitable. Best done sooner than later.

No-one is suggesting melting down Dixie's statue, adding a few tons and making it into Big Sam. He doesn't deserve some of the flack he gets o here though.

I'm fine with the club being silent on things as they are. It means they've learned their lesson from sacking Koeman and having to wait 6 weeks to appoint a replacement.

Hopefully we see Brands appointed in the next couple of weeks so he can get to work straight away outlining where needs strengthening and who needs to be moved on.

Allardyce will plod along and it will be announced in the last week of the season that he's leaving and behind the scenes Fonseca will be tied up and announced the week after when the season is over. That way you'll avoid the toxic atmosphere in the last match and the lap of appreciation.

Our team is woeful and has been under 3 different managers.

I don't want him to stay but Fonseca or whichever manager you want in would struggle to create chances with our team. The players aren't good enough, although I agree we should play more positively.

The argument isn't if we're playing great football, it was wether he has improved us. The fact that people have to start changing subject shows that even they know he has improved us in some ways, even if they can't admit it.
I don’t think he has improved us. I wanted koeman gone , but to be fair he started with a horrendous run of fixtures, while sam had a decent start.

Abd we have basically been battered by most of the top teams. Even the 2 draws away Liverpool & Home to Chelsea’s we got outclassed. We have won at home the games you would have expected, with Leicester considered the toughest game.

2 games against the worst team in the league. 2 draws. They missed 2 sitters at the hawthorns as we sat back and had 1 attempt at goal. At Home it took a late goal to get a point.

Let’s not forget the shocking away performances at Bournemouth( who hadn’t won in 8 at the time) Watford also on a poor run and Burnley, to be fair Burnley are having a good season, but they are nothing special.
Zero points

Look at are 2 away wins, Newcastle hit the post twice. Abd stoke started the better team until they went down to 10men and even v 10men for 70mins we needed a late goal.

I honestly believe had koeman or unsworth stayed in the job we would be no worse off.

I'm fine with the club being silent on things as they are. It means they've learned their lesson from sacking Koeman and having to wait 6 weeks to appoint a replacement.

Hopefully we see Brands appointed in the next couple of weeks so he can get to work straight away outlining where needs strengthening and who needs to be moved on.

Allardyce will plod along and it will be announced in the last week of the season that he's leaving and behind the scenes Fonseca will be tied up and announced the week after when the season is over. That way you'll avoid the toxic atmosphere in the last match and the lap of appreciation.
Lets hope so mate, Fonseca is still in a title fight, they play 2nd this weekend and if they win they go 9 clear with 5 to play(i think) so hopefully in 2-3 weeks they will have won the league and we will have him signed up.

Reactions: Tez

That's the dream, for sure!

Reactions: Tez
Do do we really think if Big Sam has a decent end to the season he will get the sack...?

I suggest he won't & why should he ?

He would have earned the right to see out his contract & plan for next season...

Unless there is a plan & a new manager in place ready to takeover then all the talk of him getting the sack is complete & utter speculation...

The only thing that will get him sacked is a run of bad results between now & the end of the season...

Do do we really think if Big Sam has a decent end to the season he will get the sack...?

He would have earned the right to see out his contract & plan for next season...

Unless there is a plan & a new manager in place ready to takeover then all the talk of him getting the sack is complete & utter speculation...

The only thing that will get him sacked is a run of bad results between now & the end of the season...

Last 6 games we've won 2, lost 3 and drawn 1 so I'd say we've been on a pretty crap run anyway.

9 games previous to that we only won twice so that was an even crapper run.

So in the last 5 games let's say we win 2, lose 2 and draw one, that makes no difference as it' still part of an overall underperforming crap team managed by a crap manager employing crap tactics

The quicker it's confirmed he's getting punted the sooner we can all find a bit of love for our club again imo

As opposed to the bad run (and awful performances ) he has already recorded.?

As opposed to the bad run (and awful performances ) he has already recorded.?

He has stablised our position in the premiership, that was his job...

What did you honestly expect...

However you look at it, Unsworth was seriously out of his depth & we needed an experienced manager to steady the ship...

He has stablised our position in the premiership, that was his job...

What did you honestly expect...

However you look at it, Unsworth was seriously out of his depth & we needed an experienced manager to steady the ship...

Unsworth out of his depth 1.4 points per game

Allardyce steadied the ship with 1.38 points per game after spending £50m on two new attackers.

Truly our saviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.