2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think it's a bit disingenuous when people go round saying managers are dinosaurs.

I've seen people say the same about other managers to be proved wrong. Good managers don't become bad overnight.

I don't have any issue with people criticising Benitez. I don't like people using personal insults. It's immature and people resort to personal attacks when they haven't got valid arguments.

I just find it hilarious when people expect miracles from Benitez when he's had 1.7m to spend and barely any time to work with the squad.

Someone even tried arguing that because past managers had spent loads of money Benitez should be getting results, despite the fact we all know that most of our players are rubbish and we have zero squad depth.

Then to make it even funnier the same, super critical posters make out anyone who 'gives Benitez' fair chance' is a Benitez fan boy and a RS. It's amazing how delusional people can be in not seeing how biased their own viewpoints are. Doubly so when those posters try making out it's everyone else who is biased.

Maybe that's why some people defend Benitez strongly because they get annoyed that many aren't even prepared to give him a decent chance, despite claiming they do?

PS. Yeah, you're right about Rondon being an absolute joke.

I've never said Benitez has gone from a good manager to a bad manager overnight.

I've mentioned numerous times he was a great manager 15-16 years ago.

Fair enough but surely if he had more money he would have considered some other options, although I guess as it's a back up striker hmmmm.

Benitez is probably suprised how bad he's been so far. I can't imagine he was half this bad when he was at Newcastle.

Maybe it's not smart to sign players who are well past 30 and had been off in China for a pay day?

The manager has messed up so badly with this one. Now he's being too stubborn to try someone else. It's pathetic management.

I was under the impression the only way we had money to spend was if we sold Richarlison, ffp an all that. Back to Rondon, had every chance to get fit now, even Benitez must realise the man is finished, watching him stumbling around like a drunk yesterday was plain embarrassing for himself and everyone else, he's finished and he knows it, if he has any dignity he would just retire immediately.

We bid for Diaz and Patterson at the end of the window. Once we got Kean out, we had some leeway with FFP. We tried to get James out to get us more leeway with the FFP to allow us to go for Diaz, granted.

Benitez wanted Rondon and would have wanted him regardless unless he had been given £15m or whatever to spend on a striker which is impossible for us right now. That was my point.

I've never said Benitez has gone from a good manager to a bad manager overnight.

I've mentioned numerous times he was a great manager 15-16 years ago.

What is it in his management style that you thinks changed from 15\16 years ago that doesn't make him as good anymore?

Rondon will be sat wafting the cash his miserable excuse of a fraud has stole off the club. More fool benitez for giving him the opportunity. Should have been sent off yesterday. Would have forced benitez's hand

What is it in his management style that you thinks changed from 15\16 years ago that doesn't make him as good anymore?

Well 15/16 years ago he was winning European trophies.

Are you telling me he's just as good now as he was then? I'd say it's pretty obvious his career was on a downward curve considering he spent 2/3 at Newcastle and 2 in China.

If he was at the top of his game still, do you think he'd have considered Newcastle and Dalian as top drawer managerial moves?

Suppose you could say the same with most managers.
Martinez.....Kone & Alcaraz
Joe Royle...Earl Barrett
Koeman....Cuco Martina

Bringing in Rondon says more about Benitez's judgement than the quality of the player.
It is weird, the blindspots that managers have. Always makes me wonder if they bring them in to grass on the other players.

Status
Not open for further replies.