Saha and Cahill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you could put timmy in goals for all i care as long as he's out there. he brings something to the team that is missing at the moment - drive. some of lads in the pompey game looked disinterested and lazy.

Even so 120 games in 4 and half years,regardless of whos in front of you isnt good news

Plus a couple of nasty knee injuries cant have helped the lad either (there never the same afterwards)
The same was said about Peter Reid and Andy Gray lets hope history repeats its self.;)

even if we had Pele and Maradona Moyes would still play them left back and right back !!! His choice in the use of our "utility" players is dreadful. I think he'll probably put Cahill centre half Moutinho will be outside inside round the back left half !!!

even if we had Pele and Maradona Moyes would still play them left back and right back !!! His choice in the use of our "utility" players is dreadful. I think he'll probably put Cahill centre half Moutinho will be outside inside round the back left half !!!

poor post.

The thing is, we need to be able to change it round when nessesery. Being one dimentional is not good enough any more. You need big squads with players that can adapt to different formations when called apon.

Exactly what Sharpy posted.

Cahill is definitely one of our very best players, he just has the aura of brilliance that makes us win. But playing Saha and Yak up front, I think we'd not have room for Cahill. We're always going to play a defensive midfielder so I could never see Cahill and Arteta in the middle or if he signs, Moutinho and Cahill in the middle. Although I would go for those options, Moyes wouldnt.

In 4-5-1 there is no possible way we could even consider leaving him out.

As others have said it's likely that there will be injuries throughout the season, either to these two or Yak, Vaughan, Anichebe so it's important that we have a range of attacking options to choose from.

explain ???

seriously? you don't think it is a poor post saying moyes will play cahill at centre half? or if we had maradona moyes would play him right back?

you are right. it was a poor choice of vocab. it wasn't poor. it was stupid. ok;)

seriously? you don't think it is a poor post saying moyes will play cahill at centre half? or if we had maradona moyes would play him right back?

you are right. it was a poor choice of vocab. it wasn't poor. it was stupid. ok;)

You are clearly a child who doesn't understand sarcasm, I was merely pointing out that Mr Moyes doesn't seem to have a clue at the moment. Yes he is restricted at the moment but even with his current choice of players my personal opinion is he is playing them in the wrong places. Before you come back with another childish answer...yes i am more than aware of square pegs and round holes but at the moment the square pegs are not even close to doing a job!!

As for your "stupid" comment, it maybe best you give conversational english a miss in your GCSE's

You are clearly a child who doesn't understand sarcasm, I was merely pointing out that Mr Moyes doesn't seem to have a clue at the moment. Yes he is restricted at the moment but even with his current choice of players my personal opinion is he is playing them in the wrong places. Before you come back with another childish answer...yes i am more than aware of square pegs and round holes but at the moment the square pegs are not even close to doing a job!!

As for your "stupid" comment, it maybe best you give conversational english a miss in your GCSE's

Teppic is an English Teacher ;)

When you think about it though we've only really played 4-5-1 because the centre midfield isn't suited to a 4-4-2 formation. Carsley and Osman didn't have the right tools to play in that formation, having Cahill there always gave us the extra man.

If we get Moutinho, another good centre midfielder or move Arteta centrally we'll have a midfield capable and mobile enough to play in a 4-4-2. If we can keep Saha fit for alot of the season he guarantees along with Yakubu 18-25 goals a season.

Just food for thought really, I don't think Cahill is as important as many think. If we improve the midfield which is possible 4-5-1 wouldn't be a must. Personally I don't fancy him in a 4-4-2.

I would against a weaker team. Against a stronger team Id play him off the Yak. His ability to win the ball, score, and for team moral is clearly why we havent been performing at our best. I do rate him that highly, and only because time and time again he's proved it. You cant deny he's scored against everyone. Every type of defence.

Is he a luxury that denies us using a more standard 442? Again Id have to say no. Id build the attack to cater for his runs, his movement. Moutinho slotting in for the Cars would, granting he can do the leg work would hold the midfield allowing for Cahill. I just think he's a key member of the first team. First name on the sheet for me. The way he causes problems for the back four on set plays allows pressure to be eased on others to pop up and score if he doesnt get the chance.

He's the kind of player who scuffs a shot and scores. He does things that other players dont have the confidence to try. His positioning around the box has to be one of the best in the league. If Vaughn can learn the Cahill way I think he will become one of the best strikers going.

YouTube - Tim Cahill 'The Boxing Aussie' Compilation

Pay attention to 0.26seconds. Lovely elbow work there.

*cough* back on topic:

There's a solution to many of our woes, and Pompey - God Bless em, put it to us very clearly... 3-5-2

....................Howard

.........Yobo.......Jags.......Lescott.......
...^......................................... ^
..Nev..............Castillo............Baines..
....v....Arteta.............Cahill..........v.....

.........Yakubu.............Saha..............

I think that could be quite sexual

Status
Not open for further replies.