Ruddy goes, oh Well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't have minded Fox back as backup to Baines tbh, looked decent when I've seen him

Ruddy looked immense, remember now lads he's only 22. Most goalkeepers don't come to until 28-32. I'll be looking forward to having him in the 2014/15 season as our number one.

Always preferred Ruddy to Turner to be honest.

We paid a bit for him to if i remember.

Fox did well to on his debut, will be playing in CL on Weds not bad. Gerrard also signed for Cardiff this summer.

Does that mean he's cup tied, FFS!!:D

What do we do if we get injuries to the other three keepers?lollol

Motherwell manager Jim Gannon has confirmed the club are keen to extend goalkeeper John Ruddy's stay until the end of the season.

The on-loan Everton shot-stopper has proved a fine addition for the Fir Park outfit with a number of impressive performances.

However, Ruddy is only due to stay at Motherwell until the New Year, something the SPL club are keen to rectify.

Former Stockport boss Gannon is looking to retain the keeper's services and has confirmed he will hold talks with David Moyes in the near future.

Wish

"We have spoken to John about his wish to stay here but sometimes things are out of our control," explained Gannon. "I am just delighted he has the attitude and the appetite to stay here.

"We would love to have him and he is one of our top priorities because he has added so much to the team. I will chat to Davie in due course and see if it is the best interests of all parties if he was to stay.

"From our and John's point of view, we want to see it to the end of this season.

"Positive feedback is going back to Davie Moyes so he will be delighted with that. Unless something dramatic happens I am sure he will be happy for John to stay here."

It'll only improve him as a player & keep him in the shop window for if we decide to sell, I can't see us needing him before the season ends so I'll be happy for him to stay there

While I'm here I'll update you on John Ruddy.

The guy has been one of the best 'keepers in the SPL this season, if not 'the' best. He's kept 15 clean sheets in 32 games, and with the defence that's been infront of him that is an astonishing achievement.

He is a great shotstopper and commands his box like 'keepers of old... even if he does like the odd punch here and there.

There was an article a while back with Moyes tipping Ruddy to be a future international and I'd say he definately has that potential. That is mostly because he has the one thing all England 'keepers have... The ability to cock up.

He has a habbit of being lobbed while being no more than 6 yards off of his line, for a guy of his size it really is astonishing to see.

He's had a great season and it could have been much better were he not hampered by injury on two occasions.

If your club don't hang on to this guy I'd imagine there'll be a long queue of clubs wanting him.

While I'm here I'll update you on John Ruddy.

The guy has been one of the best 'keepers in the SPL this season, if not 'the' best. He's kept 15 clean sheets in 32 games, and with the defence that's been infront of him that is an astonishing achievement.

He is a great shotstopper and commands his box like 'keepers of old... even if he does like the odd punch here and there.

There was an article a while back with Moyes tipping Ruddy to be a future international and I'd say he definately has that potential. That is mostly because he has the one thing all England 'keepers have... The ability to cock up.

He has a habbit of being lobbed while being no more than 6 yards off of his line, for a guy of his size it really is astonishing to see.

He's had a great season and it could have been much better were he not hampered by injury on two occasions.

If your club don't hang on to this guy I'd imagine there'll be a long queue of clubs wanting him.

Welcome ;).

Thanks for the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.