Royston Drenthe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think our highest earners are on £60-65K. Maybe Fellaini's on more.

I'd have no problem with Royston getting that much to be honest, because there won't be a transfer fee. We know he's a wildcard, but wingers with that much in their locker usually cost £10m+.

We missed out on Demba Ba because of wages remember, and that -- with the benefit of hindsight of course -- has to go down as one of Moyes' biggest mistakes.

We would never be able to buy him normally and to get a player as good as he is for wages and a signing on fee is a no-brainer.

We would never be able to buy him normally and to get a player as good as he is for wages and a signing on fee is a no-brainer.

And yet, all the ITKs are saying it's not going to happen!

zp_Stracq-goal_7370.jpg

Look at him humping Fellaini. He loves it here ffs. Get it done Moylez.

I think our highest earners are on £60-65K. Maybe Fellaini's on more.

I'd have no problem with Royston getting that much to be honest, because there won't be a transfer fee. We know he's a wildcard, but wingers with that much in their locker usually cost £10m+.

We missed out on Demba Ba because of wages remember, and that -- with the benefit of hindsight of course -- has to go down as one of Moyes' biggest mistakes.

Harsh. Surely it's Kenwright that sorts the wages side of things? Not Moyes' fault he was greedy and chose Newcastle.

Harsh. Surely it's Kenwright that sorts the wages side of things? Not Moyes' fault he was greedy and chose Newcastle.

Well Moyes is the one who says nothing does or doesn't happen without his say-so.

Fair enough mind. I wasn't trying to have a dig at anyone there -- hindsight is 20/20 after all -- but I'd just hate us to miss out on a quality player who's on a bosman because of wages, again.

Great shot in the 2nd half which went like a bullet - it deserved to go in. Great performance from him today apart from a bit of showboating towards the end.

moyes got annoyed with him today, but he still did the full 90 so hopefully this is a sign of things to come

Yeah, he was only really annoyed with that cross field ball Drenthe played to Baines that went for a throw.

Ian Holloway really sounded pretty annoyed though. He was really screaming on the touchline there for a bit!

Few more performances like that and we have to sign him. A couple of years here and he'll be a very very good player. What a finish and deserved another. Thank God we'll have a winger for the FA cup run. No disgrace to go out now. Leicester or Bolton at home next round please! In fact, NO, GIVE US THE RS AT GOODISON FFS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.