Who would you rather sell?

• Ross Barkley

Votes: 67 77.9%
  • Romelu Lukaku

Votes: 19 22.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we HAVE to sell one, we've got big problems.

Voted Barkley. Easier to replace. And our big signings need to go ahead regardless of whether we sell Rom and / or Ross.

Don't think it's as much as a case of 'having to'...

Like, Liverpool didn't 'have to' sell Sterling, but they did because he wanted to go and the money was too good. Same with us and Stones.

We'll sell Rom if somebody comes in with a fee that meets our valuation as the lad wants to leave.

Ross is a weird one. There's supposedly something holding up this contract extension, so we'll have to see. The mistake the club made in this was not renewing Ross's deal a year or so ago.

I would be devastated if Ross were ever sold, but the fact is that strikers like Rom are extremely rare. Bar one of our academy players turning into a superstar you'd be hard pressed to see our club attracting anyone of his caliber in the near future.

Goalscorers of that calibre are extremely rare, but footballers of that 'class' are not.

We can easily replace Lukaku; all it takes is an understanding that we have eleven players on the pitch tasked with having the team attack effectively.

Neither are holding each other back. Well Ross is holding Ross back but entirely different subject.

If i had to sell one, Ross no question. As much as i want Ross to succeed here, Rom is already a bigger player than he probably would ever be in a blue shirt. One scores 20+ goals a season, the other can't make their mind up on the pitch whether to shoot or pass, or just run somewhere and do neither.

I don't want to sell Ross but point of the thread i would.

True, im not sure what the point of the thread is tbh.

Like them both to stay, Ross specificly.

The point of the thread from my point of view mate, was to gauge where our fans opinions lie if it came to losing one of the two. I have no idea if we are going to sell both, one or neither, but thought I would ask the question to see the sway of GOT, no more or less than that. Never my intention to cause disruption or arguments.

The point of the thread from my point of view mate, was to gauge where our fans opinions lie if it came to losing one of the two. I have no idea if we are going to sell both, one or neither, but thought I would ask the question to see the sway of GOT, no more or less than that. Never my intention to cause disruption or arguments.

No argument mate.

Ok, if im pushed on it, I would rather Rom go. I just have never taken to him.

My fav players have been passionate players, those that clearly love us. That means quite alot to me, and as good as Rom is he is just not bothered 1 bit about us.

To be honest if an offer of around 80 million or even 75 came in for lukaku i would want the club to sell him.

that isn't because i don't think he is a top player, i think with the world record being not far off that we would be silly not to take the money. If we signed 3 really good players for the expense of our one man team effect then i would be all for that.

Lukaku is leaving, he has already in his head methinks
So lets hopefully hang onto Ross when he gets his agent to stop playing silly buggers

No argument mate.

Ok, if im pushed on it, I would rather Rom go. I just have never taken to him.

My fav players have been passionate players, those that clearly love us. That means quite alot to me, and as good as Rom is he is just not bothered 1 bit about us.

Fair enough pal, was just being tetchy. Think ideally we keep both and sign a load of class players anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.