• Ross Barkley

Votes: 67 77.9%
  • Romelu Lukaku

Votes: 19 22.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually we need a good team with players who suit it more than anything mate

City have the best players in the league - they will win nothing this season cos they haven't got a team or the players who suit the system yet

Our issue is we dont have enough good players, to get higher than 7th.

And we are all arguing about the 2 players that could play in those teams above us, I dont get it.

Rom's goals are worth more than what Ross brings to the team. Hope they both stay but none of the strikers we have been linked with will score anything like the amount of goals Rom does IMO, so if we were had to choose then the only logical choice is selling Ross. Anything else is sentiment.

I'd want Rom to stay since he's better, but realisticly we won't be able to keep him. Ross is possibe to keep so it's better to give him a new contract.

Our issue is we dont have enough good players, to get higher than 7th.

And we are all arguing about the 2 players that could play in those teams above us, I dont get it.

Maybe because these two players are by a mile the most likely to leave out of the players we want to keep mate?

Holding back may have been a poor choice of words he used, maybe - do the two of them suit being in the same team together or would both players suit a different type of striker in Barkleys case and creative midfielder in Lukakus?

Steveon, this is exactly what I was getting at. More relating to styles of play than anything else, not saying we have to sell either, just thought I would ask the question.

Lukaku.

Far more disruptive to the club, and Barkley has a higher ceiling and allows us to play football the right way to compete for Champions League places. Also Lukaku would fetch far more money well beyond his actual ability.

So yeah, I'd get rid of Lukaku (surprise, surprise).

Fact he hasn't signed it tells a story mate. Your a fan. So am I. We don't need a contract to prove that. If he really wanted to stay here he'd have signed it by now

The fact he hasn't signed tells part of the story.

I mentioned somewhere else, why is it impossible that he signs after season ends and all the talks are closed off?

So he hasn't signed by now, to you means he doesn't want to stay? If he signs on 5th June or some random such date and they advise the negotiations just took longer than usual, what will that tell you?

I don't believe Koeman meant he had to have signed by FT whistle of our last game or we will sell. Obviously they wouldn't let it drag on all summer but I don't see why people assume it has to be signed right now.

Over 20-25 goals a season?

Sound!

Not for me like! We get far more out of Rom, Barkley is inconsistent and is 100% easier to replace.

Sound logic, just my personal preference. Its rare to have a young blue doing well in the team and we look like we might have a few. Maybe it's old fashioned to place a lot of value on that.

I love Rom too by the way, I'm not moaning about him now and will wish him well if he does move on.

For the record I still think both may be here next season.

The fact he hasn't signed tells part of the story.

I mentioned somewhere else, why is it impossible that he signs after season ends and all the talks are closed off?

So he hasn't signed by now, to you means he doesn't want to stay? If he signs on 5th June or some random such date and they advise the negotiations just took longer than usual, what will that tell you?

I don't believe Koeman meant he had to have signed by FT whistle of our last game or we will sell. Obviously they wouldn't let it drag on all summer but I don't see why people assume it has to be signed right now.

Not sure how being a fan means he should rip himself off on the contract - no problems from me with Barkley having an agent with a brain.

He either wants off, or his agent is after the best possible deal for his client. Either/or, we won't find out until the season ends - so be it.

I would be devastated if Ross were ever sold, but the fact is that strikers like Rom are extremely rare. Bar one of our academy players turning into a superstar you'd be hard pressed to see our club attracting anyone of his caliber in the near future.

Not sure how being a fan means he should rip himself off on the contract - no problems from me with Barkley having an agent with a brain.

He either wants off, or his agent is after the best possible deal for his client. Either/or, we won't find out until the season ends - so be it.

yeah, Ross and his agent looking for more than the club are initially looking to pay does not immediately indicate disloyalty or greed to me. It's contract negotiations, it's the way it goes.

edit: if that's whats going on

Status
Not open for further replies.