Votes: 67 77.9%
  • Romelu Lukaku

Votes: 19 22.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackyboy

Player Valuation: £35m
After seeing a question posed by @bluestevon to @davek about whether both can function together in the same Everton team and us also be successful, I thought it best to put the question to GOT.

If it was upto you this summer and we had to sell one of them, who would it be?

Is Barkley holding Lukaku back or vice-versa? Or is it much more complex than that?

After seeing a question posed by @bluestevon to @davek about whether both can function together in the same Everton team and us also be successful, I thought it best to put the question to GOT.

Is Barkley holding Lukaku back or vice-versa? Or is it much more complex than that?

It isn't that, it's simply the fact it's far far harder to replace a prolific goalscorer than anything else.

Honest answer, I can see more creative players in the team or players who get forward into the box supporting Lukaku making him much more consistent and dangerous, I have absolutely no idea 'how' to get the best out of Barkley, played him with two holding midfielders behind, played him deeper, just off the striker and wide, with almost a free role sometimes, and no matter which we do he is still inconsistent

If one of them did leave - then ultimately it'd be easier for us to replace and perhaps get a player who suits the rest of the team a lot better if the one who left was Barkley, sad as it is to say.

You get the ball to Lukaku and support him then he will score a lot of goals, you give Barkley lots of the ball and sometimes he's boss and sometimes he's anonymous

It isn't that, it's simply the fact it's far far harder to replace a prolific goalscorer than anything else.

Holding back may have been a poor choice of words he used, maybe - do the two of them suit being in the same team together or would both players suit a different type of striker in Barkleys case and creative midfielder in Lukakus?

So as a result of a 'function together' discussion, we have a sell or don't sell discussion...hmm.

The only person Barkley is holding back is Himself

Poll also lacking - None, Both, Cheese on toast, options.

We need more good players.

Actually we need a good team with players who suit it more than anything mate

City have the best players in the league - they will win nothing this season cos they haven't got a team or the players who suit the system yet

Reactions: JLW
Maybe he will.

And if he doesn't, maybe he has good reason.

Or maybe he doesn't have a good reason and just wants more money and we have all gravely misjudged him.

Who the bloody hell knows. However, I wont presuming the worst like most on here. All will be revealed at some point.
Fact he hasn't signed it tells a story mate. Your a fan. So am I. We don't need a contract to prove that. If he really wanted to stay here he'd have signed it by now

Status
Not open for further replies.