2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a shame.

We've missed him so much this season and will miss him massively.

Don't be surprised if he goes and ends up being back here by the start of the 2019-2020 season, though!

Shame on the club for letting it get to this stage. Shame on Koeman for being so blunt. Shame on Ross for not manning up and seeing how much he'd improved last season and now wanting to jump ship.

A s*** show from start to finish. Should have been handed a new deal in the 15/16 season, instead we let it drift.

Well done Everton. And thanks for nothing, Ross. Could have been a legend here, lad. Instead you'll go down as a player with all the talent in the world who could never make a proper decision!

Still not sure if it's all to do with that scrap thing in L'Pool last year, but it is what it is.

Such a shame.

Don't be surprised if he goes and ends up being back here by the start of the 2019-2020 season, though!

Shame on the club for letting it get to this stage. Shame on Koeman for being so blunt. Shame on Ross for not manning up and seeing how much he'd improved last season and now wanting to jump ship.

A s*** show from start to finish. Should have been handed a new deal in the 15/16 season, instead we let it drift.

Well done Everton. And thanks for nothing, Ross. Could have been a legend here, lad. Instead you'll go down as a player with all the talent in the world who could never make a proper decision!

Still not sure if it's all to do with that scrap thing in L'Pool last year, but it is what it is.

Come on, it was his choice not to sign and not the club's hence he is leaving.

Such a shame.

Ross better not be back. Period. If he leaves after running his contract down, he best never show his face anywhere near the club.

Come on, it was his choice not to sign and not the club's hence he is leaving.

I'm not disputing that. It's his choice and I've said that all along.

The club let it drift too long before offering him a new deal and I have no doubts that in that time he was tapped up by other clubs (specifically Spurs).

It all started with the Redknapp interview for Sky around this time last year. Redknapp said afterwards he got the feeling that Ross was looking to move on.

Obviously, I'm not saying Redknapp tapped him up, but it's the one bit of insight that dumbo has ever had that's proved correct. He clearly saw something in Ross' demeanour or even perhaps Ross may have said something himself off the record that suggested he wasn't signing a new deal.

..Allardyce again saying it as it is.
Best way. At least Rom was very clear about his intentions to leave - Ross has kept silent allowing fans to assume he was the victim of an over bearing manager in Koeman who didn't rate him and wanted him gone. Or that he was this seasons sacrificial lamb being forced out of the club he loves so that the books could be balanced. Bottom line is he wants to leave, he will leave and he doesn’t care how he goes. He's only looking out for himself now and that's modern football.

Not got the bottle to play for us this season. He's made his decision but not man enough to live with the consequences.

Get some money in, move on, reinvest in someone with the right attitude, and forget about this little stain.

I hope he fades into obscurity. I wish him nothing but failure, as I do with any homegrown player thinking they are too good for us.

If he had come out and stated at end of last season he wanted to leave, put in a transfer request and gone there and then I would have accepted but no he has played our club along and this was before the injury.

Now looking like end of season leaving meanwhile picking up wages for sweet sod all cos I do not the club to give him any game time. Why should we?????

Status
Not open for further replies.