2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got him at 9/1 to stay at Everton in the summer which paid out as he was still here after the window closed. I'd stick another lump on him still being here 1st Feb.

I love Ross and would love nothing more than him to stay, but the lad has put himself in such an awkward position really by the shenanigans before his injury. If he leaves he has to hit the ground running at his new club to get a ticket to the World Cup.

If he stays, he may not be first choice just because of the fact he doesn't actually want to be here (manager might pick someone who does). So he may think to stay he has to sign a contract which will price him out of a move/delay his move longer than he wants to.

Also if he stays, is he going to be overlooked for England because he's at Everton and the likes of Wilshere and Livermore go in his place...
If he wants to go to the WC then his task is very simple...

Get his head down, get fit, and do the business for EFC for the rest of the season. That is all.

Maybe I only love Ross so much because I can somehow identify with him, can relate my quotidian situation to his. When I was still at home everyone in my family was always disappointed in me because I didn't even half fulfill my potential. Had to move 900 kilometres away from everyone and the constant pressure to finally get into the groove and do something the right way finally. I know it's a bit silly, this comparison, but I could totally understand if he left. But I really do hope that he stays and gets into a mental place where he feels comfortable enough to fulfill his indubitable potential. I never doubted for one second that he loves this club but the pressure isn't for everyone. If he goes to the likes of Spurs or Chelsea I don't think he'll face comparable pressure. We're the only fans that ever rated him so highly. For the top clubs it's a low risk move. If he doesn't see his breakthrough it'll have been worth a try. If he does see it they'll be hailed for the bargain.
That's great. None of us have any problems with that. But sign the deal so we don't lose millions in transfer fees.

Really, just because we have a rich owner does not mean he his going to plow money all the time. We need to generate revenue also. So like I said any monies we can get for Barkley would benefit the club.
Getting rid of the smell of this waster asap would benefit the club
At least he doesn't bother to pretend to support the club by going to matches while stealing a living from us

it's pretty simple really, if Chelsea & spurs "wanted" him they'd want him regardless on how long was left on his deal, so stop being a dog sign a deal and even put a reasonable release clause in there and they can still sign him and we get money

my money is on if he was on a long term deal they wouldn't care less ( do think he'd be boss for both of them myself, but he doesn't get the recognition outside of us )

edit: and not even from all of us

I think the World Cup is out of the question for Ross at this point, too many players ahead of him. Gaining match fitness and brokering a hefty sign-on fee is all that's left for him to achieve this season.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Allardyce on Barkley: the club was resigned before I got here that they were going to lose Ross. I cant see that changing.&quot;</p>&mdash; paul joyce (@_pauljoyce) <a href="">January 4, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Allardyce on Barkley: the club was resigned before I got here that they were going to lose Ross. I cant see that changing.&quot;</p>&mdash; paul joyce (@_pauljoyce) <a href="">January 4, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

..Allardyce again saying it as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.